vmax versus black bird

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildman98

Reaction score
i herd i got a guy over here looking for me lol. ill race anybody light to light . i don't no how well these bikes run Anybody run up against one.don't want to bit off more than i can chew:hmmm:

Re: vmax virses black bird

light to light sounds like a good race!!!

anything more than 1/8th mile you should be worried though

Should be a good race, I still place bets on the Gen I though through short racing.

Specifications (1997)
EngineLiquid-cooled 4-stroke 16 valve DOHC inline 4Bore x Stroke79 x 58 mmDisplacement,1,137 ccCompression ratio11:1Fuel91 octane unleaded gasolineCarburetors42 mm slanted flat-slide CV x 4Max. Power132.9 hp (99.1 kW) @ 9,500 rpm[7]Max. Torque78 ft?lbf (106 N?m) @ 7,500 rpm[8]IgnitionComputer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advanceStarterElectricTransmission6-speed close ratio gearboxFinal drive17 tooth front sprocket, 45 tooth sprocket (US) 530-110 'O'-ring sealed chainDimensions (LxWxH)2,160 x 720 x 1,170 mmWheelbase1,490 mmSeat height810 mmGround clearance130 mmFuel tank Capacity23 L (5.1 imp gal; 6.1 US gal), including 4 L reserveWheelsHollow-section triple-spoke castTires frontBridgestone BT57 - 120/70 ZR17 RadialRearBridgestone BT57 - 180/55 ZR17 RadialSuspension front43 mm HMAS Cartridge-type fork, 120 mm travelSuspension rearPro-link HMAS with gas-charged damper, rebound adjustable 120 mm travelBrakes frontLinked Braking System, 310 mm dual disks with "dual combined" three-piston calipersBrakes rearLinked Braking System, 256 mm single disk with three-piston caliperDry weight223 kg (491 lb)

Birds were the fastest production bike for 1 year . Big , fast & comfortable for a sport bike. Easy on the eyes too. Gen II would be a good race to 150 :clapping:

Attachments

• Pictures from old pc 958.jpg
    Pictures from old pc 958.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 47
  • Pictures from old pc 1115.jpg
    Pictures from old pc 1115.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 53
i herd i got a guy over here looking for me lol. ill race anybody light to light . i don't no how well these bikes run Anybody run up against one.don't want to bit off more than i can chew:hmmm:
I have a 2002. The 1997-1998 models were carburetored and made about 122-124 RWHP. The 1999- fuel injected make about 126 and up but the ram scoops are some of the best functioning ones ever put on a sportbike and help the bike make a ton of power up top. If the bike's a newer model and has full exhaust, power commander and a K&N filter, it's going to make about 135-140 RWHP and pull hard. They also make a ton of torque across the band, they still hang with the moderen 1000 cc's pretty well. The aerodynamics up top are really good too. I like my comfy Bird :)

Drag races are mostly about the launch and first 60 feet. you can get shit whipped by a Suzuki SV 650 if you aren't on your game.

IMAG0001.jpg

I took this picture back before I upgraded it to the full Akrapovic exhaust and power commander. I still like it better with dual pipes, had a cleaner look.

IMAG0015.jpg

listen all guys with birds........ if you see a gen 1 1985 on a traffic light and the next traffic light is less than 300m............ dont bother..........yes you have a faster bike for trips....... but for drags......... don't bother . for the people who know about v-max and don't own one. V-max means Maximum ...... Velocity........ when your fist gear reaches the end ....v-max would be in second ... to third ..... kisses to all. v-max i love u

Good luck! You'll need a good launch out of the hole assuming he can launch well.

Latest posts

Back