VMax Videos Posted (Barney Max)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Hey Gang....

Finally have things about 98% of where they should be with Barney Max.

BIG THANKS to Mark and Sean for helping me during the test and tweaking stages! Had some carb and ignition issues I was not quite happy with and things are finally lined out.

I did a spirited romp today and had a blast. Normally before when I would run him up to about 5.5K and slam second a nice twisty burnout would result for a couple hundred feet. He's a completely different animal now all together!

I'm 30 lbs heavier than I was in the 80's & 90's, but still weigh in the 170's full gear.

The combination of the COO swingarm, COO rear wheel, new stance with the USD, the soft like butter VTX shocks, and sticky like a Mickey (Thompson) Shinko 200 make him stand up and salute the 11 o'clock hour! Squatted real hard and bent the Shiz out of my license plate while showing me what the clouds looked like.

Had wifey watch me on a few passes and learned that if I fan the clutch slightly during the shift to second, he's actually jumping the rear wheel off the ground and leaping forward. Clutch issues are sure to follow this setup with the way I ride.

Anyway...gonna lash the valves this week, because, I hear a slight issue with #1 on the exhaust side (overlap), but, other than that...here he is :biglaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57CV_522SbM

Peace 2 Everyone & Ride Smart!

Neil

Great vid but I was hoping to see the 11 o'clock hour come around...:eusa_dance:

I like that you added the URL to here... Nice one!:worthy:

Thanks for the compliments guys!!!

Tom from Cycle One Off just posted a few pics of "Barney Max" on his website. Quite an honor for me considering the caliber of bikes he has on the website.

http://www.cycleoneoff.com/v-maxpartspage1.html

We're not worthy :worthy:

For the record...this is my favorite Gen 1 Max...just something about the stance that pushes my button.

GMsBIke_op_800x600_op_330x248.jpg

This one is also in the running.

IMG_0021_op_800x600_op_317x237.jpg

Shiny side up....

Neil

PS. No problem Chris!!!! If everyone shared traffic like they should, lots of people could quit their day jobs!

That orange bike looks like it's been raked.

Yours looks great and sounds even better, I like the bar end weights, where did you get them and do they make a big differance with vibs?

Thanks Frosty...

The bar ends are Dave Redding pieces that I got from him. I have little or no vibration with those and the python drag bars.

He used to auction things on ebay all the time, but it looks like he has slowed down or only supplying dealers directly now.

I'll try to find a link to a supplier for you, but I'm not having much luck right now.

Neil

Back