VMax/VRod Cruiseability

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop' started by tbird71, Dec 1, 2018.

Help Support VMAX Motorcycle Forum by donating:

1. Dec 1, 2018 #1

tbird71

tbird71

tbird71

[​IMG] No the VRod won't even come close to the Vmax. There IS nothing like the Vboost.

Having owned both, I still like the VRod for Hi Way cruising. It's a hell of a lot heavier, has that long wheelbase, sits nice and low, good bar location for me, comfortable with a sundowner seat and if you cut the front disc and throw a 5 gal tank on it you can keep it in the same lane on a windy day and out of the gas station every 80 miles. People that buy/bought VRODS for speed, etc are kinda missing the point IMO. They're just a different animal that if you know how are a blast to ride. Just dont try to win any races with one.

I'm about ready to take the plunge into Gen2 territory. Like a Gen1 it has to be experienced, and they're starting to get affordable. Gotta get one before I die.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    TK3333 likes this.
  2. Dec 4, 2018 #2

mabdcmb@yahoo.com

mabdcmb@yahoo.com

mabdcmb@yahoo.com

I think the V-rod is a nice machine. I've seen more than 1 thread around here about vrod performance being fairly comparable to a Gen1 vmax. Ride whatever gets you in the wind. Doesn't matter what the badge says as long as you're having fun.

TK3333 likes this.
  3. Dec 5, 2018 #3

TK3333

TK3333

TK3333

My buddy had a night rod which i tried out. Decent ride from what i remember. I USED to want one. Kinda like my brothers vtx1700 as far as ergonomics, but i havent really spent much time on either. He had some work done at the dealer(exhaust, flashed??) and still couldnt get by my stock Max BEFORE the Marks 4-2 and Sean's jet kit/air box mod. So now i just want to mod my Max more for comfort and handling and if i could add 1 more bike to the stable...it would be a GEN 2 Max,

4. Dec 5, 2018 #4

Blacklightning

Blacklightning

Blacklightning

I tried the Vrod before getting my M109R. They are both considered muscle cruisers and the seating position and power is about the same. But I went with the M109 because it was more comfortable for a bigger guy. I think Harley made a mistake dropping the Vrod lineup, since that was the only Harley that I ever liked. And that was probably due to the engine being outsourced.

5. Dec 6, 2018 #5

tbird71

tbird71

tbird71

I have heard quite a few guys say that. Guys that think the big HD baggers are just oversized barges, yet they like the VRod. It's now part of history, every time I look at mine I think of that old KC plant where it was built, now empty.

I've still got a SMALL part of my VMax left, yes it's a land barge, and yes I like it much better than my old Road King. My V-Four Royal Star Tour DeLuxe. It really IS "A Better Machine" as the ad copy says.

[​IMG]
    Guess I'm a Yamaha/Star guy at heart.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    TK3333 likes this.