Vmax vs. deer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vendetta

Reaction score
I hit a deer on my max early saturday morning. I got life-flighted to Casper (happened in Gillette). Broke my jaw, small bruise on my brain, tons of road rash and bruises. For the most part doing good though. The bike came out good, still rideable. No pics yet.

glad ur able to write this. how fast were ya going? my thoughts go out to ya!

Broke my jaw

Damn bro I hope you get well soon!

I have 2 plates and 8 screws in my jaw, it was wired shut 7 weeks.
If you need any recipes or have any questions get with me.

Have you started a parts replacement list yet :hippy biker:

Sorry to hear the news, I hope you heal up quick. My brother hit a deer on his FZ1 last year, but was just a glancing hit but got lucky and didn't go down. $1600 in damage though, so I'm sure you will need some bit to get her back on the road, let us know what you need.

FUCK me... Glad you're not worse off.

Hell I think I have a small bruise on my brain but I've never been in an accident that could cause it. It's just normal I think... lol

Good luck with recovery.

Chris

That happened to me and my wife once, luckily we didn't go down.
Did some damage to the max but not us.

Get well soon!

A real worry of mine, too...

During my recent trip to Southern Utah, I passed a recently hit/killed MOOSE on I-15. Grateful that I was not involved.

Heal quickly!

Hey Bro I hope you are felling good and getting better. We need to get you the purple heart award :eusa_dance:
Cheers
As far as the road rash goes go buy some tegaderm and a lot of it.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...E3E02LECFTDQG2O7_nid=68PJD89K9VbeB385P3RT67gl

Dont worry about all the other types they have, just the universal is the best. Trust me on this bro, I was an amateur Mtn Bike racer and have had plenty of encounters with road rash. Do not use any ointments underneath it, even the triple antibiotic stuff. It will keep the rash moist, keep it from scabbing, keep it from scarring and more importantly it will keep it from getting infected. Road rash is pretty much like a burn. It is one of the easiest ways for infection to enter the body.

After a few days you will see some really icky discharge coming from the wounds. That is OK, I promise. Just replace the bandage every few days and clean up the excess drainage daily. The easiest way I found to do this is to pull up one corner of the dressing and push the excess drainage to the corner then wipe it up. Also use an ace bandage, loosely over the dressings to keep them from catching on stuff. They stick pretty well.
If you have ever had an IV it is the same stuff they use over the needle to keep it in place and seal it off.

Do your best to maintain a sterile envirnoment when you do this. Wash your hands really well and clean the surronding area with alcohol, rubbing alcohol :biglaugh:, prior to removing the bandage. Do your best to wash the area, without reopening, let it air dry, Do Not Blow on it, then reapply a new dressing.

Sound like I have done this much???:bang head:
Anyways shoot me a PM if you need any help with this.
Cheers

Make DAMN sure you keep that rash clean. As stated above - take care of it!
You definitely do not want a run-in with Cellulitis! I lost the month of August and half of September last year with a bout of it in my left leg. Still hurts, and the leg's got swelling in the ankle, still, after almost a year.

damm...I am glad you made it through it. How fast were you going at the time? Do you ride with a open or full face helmet. Like I said glad you made it .

Damn bro I hope you get well soon!

I have 2 plates and 8 screws in my jaw, it was wired shut 7 weeks.
If you need any recipes or have any questions get with me.

Have you started a parts replacement list yet :hippy biker:

Thankfully, my jaw broke up near my left ear, and won't require surgery or need to be wired shut. I can talk and eat, just a little painful.

Glad to hear you made it..damn..landing on your head..any more details to how it happened so some of us can learn from this..and would you have done anything differently?

BTW love that movie

Back