Vmax Vs zx14 drag race offer...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokinzx14

Reaction score
Anyone in the Saint Petersburg or Tampa FL area with a new Vmax that would like to race against a stock 09 zx14 ? This will be for fun, NO smack talking, no Bull, just for fun ..We have two tracks here , one 1/8 mile and one 1/4 mile track and you can pick what track you would be willing to race at ..If you want to Video it and post it here that is fine , if you don't want to don't post it ..We can do it best two out of three or as many times as you like ..This is for FUN , NO money , Just guys looking for a fun day at the track and to see what the New Max can do ..

I had one offer but the guy never showed up and it got ugly after that .. I don't want that to happen here ..So lets keep these post light and fun ..

The bike you will be running against is a stock 09 zx14 with 350 miles on the speedo ... Rider will be Me and weight in at just a bit over 150 pounds..I just got back into racing bikes in 2006 after a 23 year lay off .. I stopped racing when i sold my 05 Vmax .. I'm no kid , i'm 53 years old .. Below is a picture of my 09 zx14 ..

Smokinzx14

Attachments

• 09 zx14.jpg
    09 zx14.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 66
If I had one and it was run in I would sure give ya a race. Never done drag but would love to have a go! I'll race my '86 vs your '85 if u like :biglaugh:

If I had one and it was run in I would sure give ya a race. Never done drag but would love to have a go! I'll race my '86 vs your '85 if u like :biglaugh:
I wish i still had my 85 Vmax , i loved that bike ...Best ever pass on it was 10.92 and for 1985 that was flying ..:eusa_dance::punk:

@ smokinzx14:

Glad you joined the forum. I am sure you are here to enjoy discussion about all V Maxes both old and new.

However after just a quick google search, I found a great many interesting posts of yours. Those talking about your set up of both your '09 and '06 ZX14's, your drag racing experience etc... Apparently, you've actually ridden a new '09 V Max. Also, I found posts where a few of you are attempting to bait out an owner of a new V Max... Something about it will be an easy kill and all...

Your sig line says a lot:

2006 ZX14
8.77 @ 154 on the stock motor ( Brock powered )

8.56 @ 163 on a 30 shot

No trolling! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 335
@ smokinzx14:

Glad you joined the forum. I am sure you are here to enjoy discussion about all V Maxes both old and new.

However after just a quick google search, I found a great many interesting posts of yours. Those talking about your set up of both your '09 and '06 ZX14's, your drag racing experience etc... Apparently, you've actually ridden a new '09 V Max. Also, I found posts where a few of you are attempting to bait out an owner of a new V Max... Something about it will be an easy kill and all...

Your sig line says a lot:

2006 ZX14
8.77 @ 154 on the stock motor ( Brock powered )

8.56 @ 163 on a 30 shot

No trolling! :biglaugh:
You need to know the hole story ...He asked for the race and also offered to let me make some passes on his Vmax ...I said ok and we set up a date and he was a no show ...I had paid his way in and also paid for a tech card to run his bike .. I didn't not try to bait him because he came to my home the night before and knew full well what my 06 and 09 zx14 runs ..He was told my hole racing history as well as many other things ..He said he would still beat me and still offered for me to ride his bike with hopes i could put it in the 9s .. The trouble started with his no Show and bragging on how he had 6 kills in two days of owning his new Vmax .. I called him on his lies and not showing up ...
I'm NOT baiting you and i'm NOT trolling ...I Offered a race between a zx14 and a Vmax ...I told you my racing history and weight and what bike you are going to run against ( the one in the picture and not my race bike in the sig ) My race bike is an 06 red zx14 , my street bike is a 09 green zx14 .. You can have a pro ride the Vmax if you want , pick anybody you feel will do the best job..

Again he was the first to offer to race me saying the Max would take a zx14 out and he wanted to bet big money ..Even after he met me and was told by me what my 09 zx14 runs in the 1/4 mile he still felt his Vmax out run me in any type of race .. So how could i bait this man ? He baited himself by bragging on a bike that he only owned for 1 day.. He has never been to the track but he knows the bike will run faster with him riding than my zx14 .. But to this day i can't get him to show up at the track ..

I wanted a real guy to race not someone like this guy ...I came here and made the offer in hopes of finding someone that really would show up and had some idea of what he was doing at a drag race .. This site has a lot of drag racers and the reason i asked ..

Take my offer or not , it up to you guys ...

No, that's cool. Sounds like you are being genuine with your request. I was just checking to make sure no more pot stirring was going on over here as that thread on starvmax seems to have ended poorly.

By the way, that particular dude you spoke of is way out there. I only hope he doesn't take someone out on the street with his antics. Riders like him give motorcycling in general a bad name.

You have a great looking bike by the way. I'm sure those things are rockets. Who ever takes you up on your offer will likley be very disappointed. LOL. One of our members here recently bought one.

Take care,
G Man

One other thing... I try to help anyone that comes to the track ... I offer my time every week to teach new riders ( drag racing ) and the type of bike or brand makes no difference .. I work very hard to get riders off the street and on to the track ...This guy that wanted to race me wants to do it on the street ...He has been racing his new Vmax on the street and this is the fastest bike he has ever owned ...He doesn't have the skills to yet go fast on the track much less on the street ..Have you ever seen a guy that you just knew if you didn't get him to slow down he would end up dead ? Well this guy is one of them ...He has more bike than he can handle , its just a matter of time if he keeps up this street racing he will kill him self or worse someone else ..

... If someone wants to have some fun and meet some great people PM me and we will set something up .. Other wise i'm done posting about it and will go back to just reading posts and injoying the site ..:punk:

No, that's cool. Sounds like you are being genuine with your request. I was just checking to make sure no more pot stirring was going on over here as that thread on starvmax seems to have ended poorly.

By the way, that particular dude you spoke of is way out there. I only hope he doesn't take someone out on the street with his antics. Riders like him give motorcycling in general a bad name.

You have a great looking bike by the way. I'm sure those things are rockets. Who ever takes you up on your offer will likley be very disappointed. LOL. One of our members here recently bought one.

Take care,
G Man
Thank you G Man , You are a good man ..

IF I was in Florida I'd definatly love to take you up on it, but i'm not, nor do i have any deat tiem racing a bike, but intend to learn. Been drag racing cars since the mid 80's and finally got the bike i wanted this past fall.

Why in the hell do people insist on comparing a crotch rocket to a cruiser??????????

Jesus Christ, yes the Gen II Max is a fast bike, but it is not and never will be what the Busas' and ZX14s' are. First there is the weight issue, second is aerodynamics.

I guess we should just be happy that the crotch rocket crowd even considers a cruiser a contender in the drags.

IF I was in Florida I'd definatly love to take you up on it, but i'm not, nor do i have any deat tiem racing a bike, but intend to learn. Been drag racing cars since the mid 80's and finally got the bike i wanted this past fall.
Cool i see your from Tonawanda ....Tonawanda Home of the Chevy big block... :punk:

Just to let you know , if you start racing bikes you will get hooked ...But that's a good thing ..:biglaugh:

The same offer goes for San Diego and my bone stock zx14.

I don't consider the max to be in the same class as my 14 and I'm fairly sure that no one else does either. The problem is when people start putting themselves in the same class with us. Kind of like when sportster riders class themselves with the Gen1 vmax. and yes... It will be about that close lol.

Why in the hell do people insist on comparing a crotch rocket to a cruiser??????????

Jesus Christ, yes the Gen II Max is a fast bike, but it is not and never will be what the Busas' and ZX14s' are. First there is the weight issue, second is aerodynamics.

I guess we should just be happy that the crotch rocket crowd even considers a cruiser a contender in the drags.
Well a zx14 or busa is not really a crotch rocket but's it not a cruiser either ...It kind of inbetween the two ... Sport touring bike is what they call it..
A crotch rocket to me is like a zx10 or R1 and the Gixxer and i just can't ride them for more than 15 mins with killing my back and forarms .. The zx14 has a ride like a caddy with a more upright seating .. The Vmax to me is not just a cruiser , to me it's a hot rod and i love hot rods ..That is why i loved my 85 Vmax so much ...
But i agree with you comparing the two is apples to oranges ..

racing is racing, i've seen lower powered cars kill high powered cars all the time. A lot of it is driver ability/experience. Pure power does not always win the race.

that's the truth... There's a guy on a k8 busa out at our track that will have his ass handed to him by pretty much anyone that can ride lol. It's not even fun to race him because I know that my stock 14 is going to beat him by 3/4 of a second. He's fallen victim to a couple of 600's and 1000's lmfao. The best part is that the Tool bag won't let us help him. He always says "I know what I'm doing, I just need to figure this bike out" lol. He had better pray that he doesn't get to race a gen1... Let alone a gen2.

You definately can't compare a Vmx with a Busa or a ZX14. I recently bought an 08 ZX 14.It has a 4-1 Muzzy exhaust,Power Commander and the flies are out.

Like you said though,These bikes are all bastard children not belonging to any other group.My 14 flat out hauls ass but hurts my back to ride.My wife hates ridding on the back of it too.We're definately keeping the Max.Now if I can just get her to ride her Fazer I'll get to take the 14 on rides.

I haven't had a chance to race the 14 yet but I'm pretty sure that it will beat my best time of 11.0 on my max. I have only had it for a month or so and it is killing me with all the shitty weather here in western PA.Where is all this global warming bullshit?

Attachments

• SHAWNS ZX-14 1.jpg
    SHAWNS ZX-14 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 44
Hell it's finally nice to hear some honest talk about true Vmax abilities out there. There are too many people out there that think they can run the numbers they see in the magazines.

I wonder how many zx14 and busa ownwers can actually get their bikes in the 9s. Probably about as many as Vmax owners that can get their Vmax in the 10's

Hope you stay around and contribute to the site Smokinzx14

I think a few of us are aware of the dumb shit that stood you up at the track.
I'm pretty sure Darwin's law will take care of him soon enough.

SmokinZX14, you a member of Psychobike or one of the Busa or ZX-14 sites? Seems like i've seen you post on there. Its been awhile since i've been on them much though. Welcome aboard!

SmokinZX14, you a member of Psychobike or one of the Busa or ZX-14 sites? Seems like i've seen you post on there. Its been awhile since i've been on them much though. Welcome aboard!
Yes i do post on Psychobike but not much,same goes for the Busa sites .. I mostly post on the zx14 site ( Bikeland Mostly ) Thanks for the welcome ...

Hell it's finally nice to hear some honest talk about true Vmax abilities out there. There are too many people out there that think they can run the numbers they see in the magazines.

I wonder how many zx14 and busa ownwers can actually get their bikes in the 9s. Probably about as many as Vmax owners that can get their Vmax in the 10's

Hope you stay around and contribute to the site Smokinzx14

I think a few of us are aware of the dumb shit that stood you up at the track.
I'm pretty sure Darwin's law will take care of him soon enough.

Since i go to the track twice a week i see many Busas and zx14s that can't get into the 9s ...Seen one turbo Busa that didn't get into the 10s ..:confused2:
It's normal to see a guy show up and say he owns a 9 second bike because he read it or the dealer told him so ...And to a point it's true , the bike will run the numbers but it's the rider that can't ..We had a guy on a Rocket 111 show up awhile back and told us all he had a Busa killer , well he found you real quick that he didn't even own a 600 killer ..He turned out to be a very nice guy and now comes to the track weekly and races his Rocket and is doing much better ..

I think there is going to be some very unhappy Vmax owners when they find out they can't run what Dale Walker ran on the new VMax ..Just like the zx14 owners when they couldn't run what Ricky Gadson ran on a zx14 ..

I truely Believe that a Vmax can and will run high 9s with a good light weight rider ..The bike has the power to pull it off but it will take a skilled rider just like the Busa or zx14 needs to run 9s ..

Thank you for the welcome maxout1200 ..

Latest posts

Back