Vmax Wobble

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangoleader57

Reaction score
Hey all, out for a fantastic 10 day adventure on the Vmax a week and a half ago, noticed a handlebar wobble, like a speed wobble, but only when decelerating at about 20-30 mph. Makes me feel pretty uncomfortable when I reach off the bars with one hand to raise my helmet visor, or wave to someone etc. Anyone else have this??? If so.....is there a fix??

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Hey all, out for a fantastic 10 day adventure on the Vmax a week and a half ago, noticed a handlebar wobble, like a speed wobble, but only when decelerating at about 20-30 mph. Makes me feel pretty uncomfortable when I reach off the bars with one hand to raise my helmet visor, or wave to someone etc. Anyone else have this??? If so.....is there a fix??

This is what will cure 90% of Vmax wobbles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW-CmACI5xQ&t=

Think of the simplest things first-----check the air pressure in the front tire and make sure you have more than 40 psi in it.:clapping:

I think what you described is tire related. Absolutely do the drop test in the video, and leave nothing to chance. Tire balance comes to mind.
Steve-o

I had a low speed wobble when i took my hand off of the handle bar at 30-40 mph it would shake like crazy- I put 41 pounds of air in the front tire (had 36) and it works perfectly now-No shake at any speed on or off of the throttle-:clapping:

When I got my 07, I had the "Vmax wobble". In researching it online, I found this forum (and Seans video), and fixed it.

Tramahawk, all,
Yes sir, that was exactly it. Did the "bounce test" as Sean's video suggests. Tightened up the bearings as it bounced like nuts. Went out for a blast, all gone, nice and steady.
Man I love this forum......thanks again for the sage advice.

Latest posts

Back