vmax won't go over 240kph

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vboost88

Reaction score
hi all i have a yamaha vmax gen 2 with vance and hines pipes and a k&n filter. other than that the bike is stock. I can't get it over 240kph. What mods would you all recommend? ecu flash? i don't want to play with the motor yet.

hi all i have a yamaha vmax gen 2 with vance and hines pipes and a k&n filter. other than that the bike is stock. I can't get it over 240kph. What mods would you all recommend? ecu flash? i don't want to play with the motor yet.

Actually it will only go 220 KPH (around 137 MPH) when stock. There is a top speed limiter on the bike from the factory. You might see 240 KPH on the speedometer but the speedometer reads around 8% high.

With the limiter removed it will run up to around 270 KPH.

I've had mine documented at 267 KPH at a Land Speed Record event.

To remove the limiter you need to either have the ECU re-flashed, or you could use a SpeedoHealer to trick the ECU nto thinking you are going slower than you are. The ECU re-flash is a much better solution though.

oh cool who would you guys recommend i do the flash with? its such a great bike but on long corners the sport bike boys just keep pulling away! i know i shouldn't expect to beat them but id like to give it all i can ;)

Appreciate the feedback! who would you recommend i do the flash with?

Actually it will only go 220 KPH (around 137 MPH) when stock. There is a top speed limiter on the bike from the factory. You might see 240 KPH on the speedometer but the speedometer reads around 8% high.

With the limiter removed it will run up to around 270 KPH.

I've had mine documented at 267 KPH at a Land Speed Record event.

To remove the limiter you need to either have the ECU re-flashed, or you could use a SpeedoHealer to trick the ECU nto thinking you are going slower than you are. The ECU re-flash is a much better solution though.

What's your point? I hope you weren't set on getting your Gen 1 reflashed. :ummm:

Ah, I didn't see that the op had a gen 2, so I went to the webpage to see what they were talking about. I haven't delved into the ignition of my bike at all, and don't know what we have. I'm too busy fixing other crap on it to make it that far yet.

Ah, I didn't see that the op had a gen 2, so I went to the webpage to see what they were talking about. I haven't delved into the ignition of my bike at all, and don't know what we have. I'm too busy fixing other crap on it to make it that far yet.

Yep, for the gen 1's there is the Ignitech sold by Sean, the the newer Dyna ignition systems.

Back