VMOA board

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is any one else haveing a problem getting on the VMOA board or did I miss something along the way. I cant seem to get on it.

The domain name has expired. Its being taken care of. The host never sent notice of its pending expiration to the VMOA, like normal hosts do. VMOA folks are working with the host to get the site back up.

NICE! Me thinks they need to move it all over here where the air is cleaner and the beer is free...

Chris

NICE! Me thinks they need to move it all over here where the air is cleaner and the beer is free...

Chris

+ 1 That site is just plain..... old. The problems there have been discussed many times, but as usual..... nothing changes

+ 1 That site is just plain..... old. The problems there have been discussed many times, but as usual..... nothing changes

You are incorrect in your opinion nothing changes. As I am positive that you have no inside information you do not know what is going on to improve the website. While I appreciate yours, and others, opinion that the website is outdated you, and others, have to understand that changes do NOT take place overnight if you want improvement. Myself and Buster are working on improving, overhauling, and updating the VMOA site, but we made the concious decision not to rush this through and to put out a high quality website when we are done. A lot of the problems with the current site really started when the VMOA rushed to put out a new website. I do not want to see a repeat.

I would ask that folks exercise patience and allow us the time to make positve changes.

Just my opinion and you know how those go. I have been looking at it a long time with no changes.... good to hear you guys are on it :thumbs up:

Thanks Gary, I know how opinions are:biglaugh:. Unfortunately the website subject seems to be a "hot button" issue with me and I may just need to put out updates so folks know that things are happening. Buster and I have been taking a slower approach than some would like, but I do think that the end result will prove us right in taking our time.... Stay tuned for the site to be up in a "beta" form prior to the final version.

As a member Jim a lot of us think we should be kept aware of the changes. Now... I don't go to the vmoa forum because I really don't like the user interface so I don't know if this subject has been discussed but if it hasn't, I think it should be. If you make people feel like a part of the club you'll have happier people.

Again... JMO...

Chris...

I agree Chris!! We do have a problem not keeping the general membership informed of our progress on issues. It is my belief that we rely too much on the VBoost issues to get information out to the members. Unfortunately I dont quite have a remedy in place as yet, but I do believe that the new website will have a couple of features that will address this issue.

Have you given any thought to publishing the VBOOST in a digital format. I subscribe to magazines that way now and I really like it. Could save on the high costs of publishing a paper version. Here's a link to the software for one, there are several out there now a days... Digital Mag

I wish I could just stop getting the vboost. I NEVER read it.

If we could get it set as a PDF I'd be cool with it. Save a tree and have someone stop sending me one.

I get all the Vmax info I need from here.

If the only way to stop getting it is to not renew my membership I can do that as well. Like all have said... You get what you put in it... I don't have the time or want to put anything in it. lol

Chris

Guess this shows how we are all different. I have been a member of VMOA for over 11 years. (#782). One of the main reasons I stay is the V-Boost mag. I have every copy ever published. I do read it and would probably stop renewing if it became an on-line mag. :Sad:

All they are is info on a ride out 1000 or more miles away. Every so often they talk about something technical that we've talked about here until we're blue in the face.

I don't see the purpose now that everything is available online. I totally understand why it was necessary years ago though.

Chris

All they are is info on a ride out 1000 or more miles away. Every so often they talk about something technical that we've talked about here until we're blue in the face.

I don't see the purpose now that everything is available online. I totally understand why it was necessary years ago though.

Chris

b/c i don't like taking my laptop into my 'home office' thats where i read books and magazines! plus its just cool to get stuff in print. yea if u wanna look up some info quick its nice to do online but if u wanna just relax and browse while on the throne, print is where its at.

That's what C&D and other car rags are for. lol

I just don't get the benefit of it. NOT saying it should go away. I just don't want to get it as I toss it when it comes.

Chris

I wish I could just stop getting the vboost. I NEVER read it.

If we could get it set as a PDF I'd be cool with it. Save a tree and have someone stop sending me one.

I get all the Vmax info I need from here.

If the only way to stop getting it is to not renew my membership I can do that as well. Like all have said... You get what you put in it... I don't have the time or want to put anything in it. lol

Chris

That's heresy, Chris! LOL!

Blaine

Back