VMOA dealer discounts-parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Got a question about discounts, concerning OEM engine parts etc.....
Discount listing is from the back of the VMOA mag.

K&N cycles, Tulsa ok. offers 25% over dealer COST

Others offer 10-15% off retail...

Which one equals a greater discount???? You'd need to know whjat markup is to answer this question....
.....I have no idea what markup is but would guess somewhere around 30-40%, but it's only a guess.

As far as i know K&N offers the best deal for OEM at the moment

i just priced out the oem parts i bought from ronayers.com and it turns out that i paid ~$20 less than what i would have if i had ordered them from k&n. of course all this depends on what parts you are buying. for example, a gasket i bought from ronayers was more expensive than what K&N sells it for. But when k&n wants $12 to ship it to me in FL and ronayers charges only $5, hey...

That depends a lot on the dealer. There's two Yamaha shops near me. One is a fairly large and established dealer and carries the "big four" Japanese brands(Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawi), plus Arctic Cat sleds. Their parts prices are typically 40-50% higher than the little, Yamaha-only shop that's out in the boonies. I'm sure the little shop is still making money off parts, so the "big" dealer is probably doubling the dealer cost to get retail.

Tough to say. The few times I've needed more expensive parts I've got them from Sean....all the parts to replace the shift segment from Sean (including overnight shipping) was still $10 cheaper than what the local dealer wanted for them same exact parts.

Thanks for the replies guys, I was leaning towards K&N, i'll check out ronayers as well.
It's just some miscellania to make the new engine even newer when I put it together; Seans kit is as comlplete as you could ever ask for, but since i'm in there already some of the "wearables" that are still good are going to get replaced as well.

did a price check as follows
Now not sure how to get the K & N discount so would be curious to see what their VMOA price ends up.

88 yamaha v-max carb float part #1fk14985
prices
K&N= $32.29 +$12.41 shipping
Cheap Cycle parts = $31.03 + $10.00 shipping
Ron Ayers = $27.83 + $5.00 shipping

just did that one part

Michael hansen

Back