VMOA new LOGO?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
New VMOA LOGO!!!

Hello fellow Vmax enthusiasts,

As most of you know, the VMOA is working on a new updated website that should premier in the near future. With that said, we, the VMOA, are going to have a VMOA LOGO contest. We, the VMOA, need to bring our logo up to the new standards to incorporate both the GEN1 & GEN2. We would like to have this for the new website when its ready to go live.

To all you graphic artist guru's here's your chance to do what you do best. If the VMOA board chooses to use your newly designed VMOA logo, they will award you with a FREE 1 year membership to the VMOA.

Please let me know your intent to take on this challenge at
[email protected]. We need these turned in for review by the end of this Month (August).

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

This is all a part of the ongoing efforts by the VMOA to update not only our website, but multiple aspects of the VMOA. I look forward to seeing the designs the VMax community come up with!!!!

Dont have an idea for the logo but I think they should shy away from the chrome stickers & do black & white or something. You can not tell what the chrome & black are unless your really close to them.

I'm no longer a member, but I'm game.
What is the max and minimum sizes?
Is this going to be used as a banner, patch/decal or both?

Dont have an idea for the logo but I think they should shy away from the chrome stickers & do black & white or something. You can not tell what the chrome & black are unless your really close to them.

Well we arent doing stickers at this point and I see what you mean about it being too reflective anyhow. This is all about making a new logo as a whole for the soon to be released new VMOA website. The new logo will be representative of both the GEN1 and GEN2.

This is not for a sticker, not for a patch, and not for a banner........ Those all will follow once the new VMOA website is online with its new logo.

vmoa1.jpg

This photo has already been submitted a few weeks ago by a member. This must be floating around somewhere?

Thanks for submitting......

Thats cool. Because I'm the one who made it.:rofl_200: Around Feb of last year. It was one of the t-shirt designs I was working on. At least people are seeing my work and someone liked it enough to use it. LOL. I need to start watermarking some of my better work. I've seen a few of my photoshop and design work pop up here and there (the green funnybike actually appeared on a guy's site promoting his photoshop work).

Here is how the gen I and gen II merge came to be.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=11301&highlight=photoshop

Attachments

• Tshirt1_B&W_b.jpg
    Tshirt1_B&W_b.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Vmax_Merge_B.jpg
    Vmax_Merge_B.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Vmax_Merge.jpg
    Vmax_Merge.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 31
  • dragbike1.jpg
    dragbike1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 35
Thats cool. Because I'm the one who made it.:rofl_200: Around Feb of last year. It was one of the t-shirt designs I was working on.

Thats cool. I have been looking for a new front design for my shirt I was selling last year. Perhaps you've seen them as my avatar shows the back of it? I was thinking of doing something like this or just the horns head to head on the front of the shirt.

Here's a First Try.
A friend of mine is working on this for me and he said that he will try to get the Back half of the Gen 2 removed from the pics.
The first one is supposed to have a Transparent background but for some reason it got saved as a white background

EDIT:
The Third picture is much better, post any thoughts here and I'm sure he will do what he can to alter it to better suit the VMOA's needs.

Attachments

• VMOA_Logo_1.jpg
    VMOA_Logo_1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 29
  • VMOA_Logo_2.png
    VMOA_Logo_2.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 27
  • VMOA_Logo_3.png
    VMOA_Logo_3.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hey Dennis,

Sounds like a nice transition logo from old to new....we will be looking forward to seeing the final product. Please just send it to the [email protected] email to submit the final version.

Thanks again,

Mike

No graphics skillz here but I had a thought...(uh-oh!) after looking at Dennis' excellent work I thought about a Gen 1 doing a burnout but the picture fades into the Gen 2, whereas the front end of the Gen 1 and the rear end of the Gen 2 are faded into each other where they overlap.

For more than 20 years it has flexed it's muscles around the world and now leaps forward with a powerful rebirth of the legendary V-4... Time to Ride! VMAX!

I can't do the art work but how bout 2 scoops - a Gen 2 and a Gen 1 situated in a V with VMOA or something in the center.

Dale #2592

I can't do the art work but how bout 2 scoops - a Gen 2 and a Gen 1 situated in a V with VMOA or something in the center.

Dale #2592

Hi Dale,

Your thinking how I am to have the GEN1/GEN2 scoops in the logo somehow. I too am not graphic savvy......

Someone should give this a try too...I will try if I can get a copy of photoshop to play with.

Here's a quick first try.
Post any thoughts.
I need a better (cleaner edged Gen 2 Scoop picture), I may be able to clean thouse edges up but it may take a few hours.
I'm going to take a better picture of MY Gen1 Left Scoop to use, if someone can post a Good Pic of their Gen2 Right Scoop on a white background (remove it and take the pic on a towel or similar) it would help.
Think of this as a rough First Draft.
I'm going to look for some Fonts to use in Photoshop also, I'll post a few with differnt fonts later.

EDIT:
Added a few different Font Styles.
I still need to get better Pics of the Scoops though.

Attachments

• Scoops_Logo.jpg
    Scoops_Logo.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Scoops_Logo_Chrome_Text.jpg
    Scoops_Logo_Chrome_Text.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Scoops_Logo_Chrome_Text_2.jpg
    Scoops_Logo_Chrome_Text_2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Scoops_Logo_Chrome_Text_3.jpg
    Scoops_Logo_Chrome_Text_3.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 9
Hey Dennis,

Try the scoops at a steeper angle with VMOA vertical!
:eusa_dance:
Dale #2592

Back