VMOA part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967vmax

Reaction score
Ok so it looks like with all the comments we had a mix of Yes and No, I like the VMOA and would like to see it members #s go up i agree the site is hard to use when you are not computer savvy, but it is so much faster ,i just need to learn how to use it.I think they also changed back to the magazine being a hard copy. So what i would like to know is if you could 1 Thing About the VMOA what would You Change ,remember 1 Thing?

Ok so it looks like with all the comments we had a mix of Yes and No, I like the VMOA and would like to see it members #s go up i agree the site is hard to use when you are not computer savvy, but it is so much faster ,i just need to learn how to use it.I think they also changed back to the magazine being a hard copy. So what i would like to know is if you could 1 Thing About the VMOA what would You Change ,remember 1 Thing?

Actually our membership numbers have been on the rise from what I hear. As to our website, I have asked the members time and time again what they would like to see on the website, but nobody and I mean nobody replies back with any comments. We are not mind readers so we do our best to give the users what we believe would be beneficial. As to funcitonality, we have more features on this newer version, but all in all its exactly the same software as before just different color layout.

I'd be more than happy to assist anyone with the website functionality and I am open for any suggestions, just inquire.

I would love to hear from our members about the website!

I know Mike and again im not trying to stir the Pot, Even at events what would members like to do, where would members like to see the the vmoa attend.

more members.... espescially in my area. thats why i took the sask chapter leader position, i see the maxes around here but there are few and far between.

for the people that own these bikes that ive chased down, im not kidding you, not one has heard of the VMOA or the vmaxforums. so the more that are in the know, possibly more for organized rides = more fun. i think organizations need more members as there are plenty of people that arent in the know and sometimes a magazine is all the info they get...

and it takes 2 seconds to stop and let other maxxers know about the vmoa. im hoping i can make a small difference...

just my 2 cents,
peace,
evan...

I never felt like i got anything for the membership price. i got a magazine but don't have tons of time to sit down and read, and a lot of the tech stuff is on this site (for free). which i make contributions to anyways and have done more impromptu and planned runs with guys here.

I know Mike and again im not trying to stir the Pot, Even at events what would members like to do, where would members like to see the the vmoa attend.

Jim,

True, you are very right about seeing what the members want and its nice to hear from the vmax community. The group was created for the vmax community and supports them. Without the interests of the vmax owners, what would we be? I appreciate hearing all comments good and bad since constructive criticism is always good nature too. I like being a part of the group for the gatherings. I alone have made many contacts in the past week or two here in Maryland and they weren't aware of our two groups.

Thanks all for your comments and looking forward to see what everyone has to say.

One thing I would change, I would make it a free site and take donations much like this site. If the site was free I think you would have a lot more traffic and you would have the long time VMOA followers donate for sure, once other folks spent time on the site and seen what a great site it is and the knowledge that is there, I'm sure they would donate as well. This way no one is obligated to a set amount of money at a set time, everyone has different financial situations. VMOA no longer sponsors events so I would think donations would cover web operation cost and do 2 magazines a year and dump the store. Ooops I guess that 3 things....

Donations alone IMHO will not produce a magazine since it costs several thousand to produce the magazine and who would it go to if its not a paid group? For what they charge now it covers the printing of the magazine these day with the rising costs in the economy. If its free, what, every registered member on the site gets a copy? I don't foresee donations to be thousands of dollars to support that. If it does, great, but I highly doubt it! As is, the members aren't freely contributing content as to tech articles, events, rides, etc....without the users where is the magazine? Or, as we say, WHERE's the beef? We need to remember this magazine is a user driven magazine, but honestly, the users these days dont give a hoot, but they sure scream when there is no copy when print time comes. Go figure! There used to be a time when the users submitted so much content, not everything made print. Those days have ended and nobody wants to take the initiative to support it....

Thats my 2 cents on things.....

One thing I would change, I would make it a free site and take donations much like this site. If the site was free I think you would have a lot more traffic and you would have the long time VMOA followers donate for sure, once other folks spent time on the site and seen what a great site it is and the knowledge that is there, I'm sure they would donate as well. This way no one is obligated to a set amount of money at a set time, everyone has different financial situations. VMOA no longer sponsors events so I would think donations would cover web operation cost and do 2 magazines a year and dump the store. Ooops I guess that 3 things....

Latest posts

Back