VMOA South Great Plains Regional dyno event 2013

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all, we're planning on renting the dyno at Topeka HD Sunday, July 28.​

Thanks to Sean Morley and Morley Muscle we have been able to hold this event the last few years. He provides the funds for renting the dyno and also provides a BBQ lunch. He does all of this for a free will offering from the attendees. His parents, Phyllis and Rex, tow their grilling gear up and provide an awesome feast. Again, we usually give him cash for all the goodies and time provided. He gives me the look of death each year when we give him the offering and he always reminds me that they are happy to do it....but I'm used to that look now after almost 10 years. It's hard to believe we first had this event in 2005 and had it every year since!​

Some of us meet up in Topeka Friday afternoon and make a weekend out of it. We usually get a day-long ride in on Saturday and have a good meal at the Blind Tiger brewery for supper. We usually stay in the I70 and Wannamaker Rd. There's a Holiday Inn Express and Super 8 right next to each other.​

Sunday, we meet at 7:30 am and get the dyno going. One year we had well over 100 pulls and finished close to 5 pm. So, bring your bike and get it on the dyno! Several of us bring tools so we can do testing and tuning.​

Hope to see you there!​

Mark Milne & Sean Morley​

Sounds like a blast - AGAIN Mark.

edit: First read, I thought you said June.

I think any weekend in July will work fine for me. I am curious to see HP numbers on this new-to-me 09.

Sounds like a blast - AGAIN Mark.

edit: First read, I thought you said June.

I think any weekend in July will work fine for me. I am curious to see HP numbers on this new-to-me 09.

Looking forward to it Jeff! Can't wait to see your new ride? Is Shalla coming as well?

Who's Jeff? LOL!!! Mark, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one suffering from remembering everyone's names.

Shala says she has to work that weekend. I think Darren will be coming with me again this year, but won't place a bet on that just yet. We aren't planning to be there until around noon on Saturday though. Maybe hook up with you guys if you aren't too far out of town by then. PM me your phone #'s so we can make contact once we hit town.

J(im)feagins lol

LoL, here's my excuse Jim...I'm almost 40! lol

Here's my cell: 402-676-0749.

Finally - reservations made & confirmed. 10th Ave. Super 8 motel again this year.

Shala & I are coming up Fri evening after she gets off work, so I'm not sure of our ETA.

See ya there!

See you there buddy! I'm looking at getting the rest of the dust/webs out of my Max!

It was great seeing some old friends and meeting a new one! A huge thanks goes to Sean and his folks for picking up the dyno rental and providing a wonderful lunch on Sunday.

It was great seeing some old friends and meeting a new one! A huge thanks goes to Sean and his folks for picking up the dyno rental and providing a wonderful lunch on Sunday.

Hey!!! Who you callin' "old"?

Shala & I had a good time as well. I hope everyone made it home safe & sound w/o too much rain on the way. We drove through quite a few miles of light showers at first. But we unloaded in the dry, and the rain didn't resume until after everything was in the garage.

Thank you Sean & the Morley's for the great sponsorship & fantastic food for lunch on Sunday.

Perhaps we'll see some of you again between now and next July???

Truett Osborn = 8/17/13
BBBQ = 8/20 - 8/22/13
2014 Spring Twisted Sister ride = tbd
2014 Spring Eureka Springs, AR = tbd

Hey!!! Who you callin' "old"?

Shala & I had a good time as well. I hope everyone made it home safe & sound w/o too much rain on the way. We drove through quite a few miles of light showers at first. But we unloaded in the dry, and the rain didn't resume until after everything was in the garage.

Thank you Sean & the Morley's for the great sponsorship & fantastic food for lunch on Sunday.

Perhaps we'll see some of you again between now and next July???

Truett Osborn = 8/17/13
BBBQ = 8/20 - 8/22/13
2014 Spring Twisted Sister ride = tbd
2014 Spring Eureka Springs, AR = tbd

Jim, I'm hoping to trailer to Eureka next year. Please make sure you practice our newly learned salute.

Jim, I'm hoping to trailer to Eureka next year. Please make sure you practice our newly learned salute.

I wish we had it on video. It's already fading from my memory, but if you'd be so kind as to memorize it and pass it on, perhaps it'll catch on. We might not be able to replicate it entirely as shown to us since Vmaxes tend to accelerate after a turn much more so than the bike who's rider demonstrated it to us.

I don't think they even teach that one in HDbonics class. :biglaugh:

Back