VMOA Topeka Dyno event!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I know Hulign didn't like us IA boys but we won't hold that against Frank...:biglaugh:

I too had a great time and told my G/F that if I go again, she's going with just to meet Kellie. :eusa_dance: Everyone was great in spite of Frank:biglaugh: and I would love to hang with ya'll again.

I was VERY VERY happy with the results of my tune. 122 means Dale Walker knows his shit and www.mototuneusa.com is the a great way to break a motor in. :worthy: I think if I go down two on the mains it will help put a little more power up top (124 with Seans kit) but I'm not going to be tearing into it again any time soon.

Also real world riding will show what benefits Seans kit reaps. I still need to ride it on the street since taking out the needle spacers. :biglaugh:

We ended up leaving Topeka at about 7:00PM and I hit my door at 3:00AM this morning. My G/F came over to grab my GPS to take to Chicago and woke me up at 9:00am so I've been up since then and am VERY tired. :baby:

It looks like we may be going to Anamosa IA this weekend for J&P's open house so I look forward to testing it out. :eusa_dance:

Thanks again all!

Chris

I didn't dyno mine. Luck wasn't with me this weekend so I wanted to cut my loses. My final diff crapped out and then I dumped my bike in the Holiday Inn Express parking lot. "But I did stay at a H.I.E last night" my ass. I want to thank Frosty for letting me borrow his Venture rear end while I waited for my replacement. Thanks also to Fargo aka Ragingmain for selling me his Vmax pumpkin. Lastly, thanks to Sean for the spare shift lever and to his parents for the wonderful lunch feast.

Oh, sure! Don't even thank Frosty and myself for swapping out the venture rear end back out for the vmax one (while you were busy with Mitch's Stage 7 install)! (Just kidding!!)

I know that Kellie and I had a GREAT time meeting the what, 8 or 9, "new" vmax riders that came to this years event in addition to the regulars! Personally, I was happy to finally hit 120 hp with my 22 year old bike with 45k miles on it! I think that we need to set up a pool to see when my wife (KellieLu) decides that 112 isn't enough. I know that she's already talking about a 200 rear in her "5 year plan". We need to see if we can get Barry down again next year with his 300 rear tire....

Yeah, yeah...you beat me! I thought of that too. So...thanks to Kent and Frosty for swapping out the borrowed rear end for the Vmax diff. I really liked Frosty's rear end but he needs Sean to strip it and clean it up. I didn't think Frosty's rear end looked too bad...just a bit of hail damage. lol

ZINGGG!!!

Thanks to all you tool haulers out there too we sure did use them!

Had a great time again and only missed one exit, same one every year!!

Great to meet all yall, we even had ragingmain all the way from Calli, and that ankle still looks sick! Thanks for comin out though dude.

I pulled 120.xx. I was down a little from last year. The stage 1 kit was about useless as it ran very rich through the middle. I am pretty much back to stock sans the drilled slides. Thanks to Hulign for the factory needles and springs! I still owe you for those regardless of what you say.

I had a great time. Thanks to Harold and Jeff for the help with the adjustments and education, and to Mark and Sean for the advice. I worked on it some once I got home and am fairly sure I have a cracked front coil, so next year I plan to show up ready to crack the 120 mark. Thanks to the Morleys for wonderful food, it was greatly appreciated. A thank you must also go to whomever it was that pulled my license out for the raffle, the clock looks great in my office. Finally, a huge thank you to everyone who came out. Lots of fantastic bikes and even better conversation. Without a doubt I will be there next year.

Don't like the IA boys???? ME???

Awe hell you guys rocked! Shame we didn't get to ride together more. But there's always next year. Hell maybe I will be in IA for work or the JP cycle thing. You just never know. But I will look you guys up and buy you a beer or 12.

Frank

Nuff said!

Attachments

• Vmax burnout topeka.jpg
    Vmax burnout topeka.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Vmax burnout Topeka #2.jpg
    Vmax burnout Topeka #2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Vmax lineup Topeka.jpg
    Vmax lineup Topeka.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Vmax service area topeka.jpg
    Vmax service area topeka.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 32
Hey Chris. What year was the V65 and did you catch what it dynoed at?

No Idear...:confused2:

There was a V45 but it was running like poop!

Working on Marks bike! Which seemed to be a theme that weekend... Hmm... Marks luck was shit!

IMG_0153.jpg

Nice Mark...

IMG_0151.jpg

Getting ready to ride!

IMG_0156_2.jpg

Sean I'm sure was saying something important at dinner! He's a plethora of knowledge to say the least and a straight shooter!
IMG_0160-2.jpg

IMG_0159-2.jpg

My bike torn down a bit...

IMG_0167_2.jpg

Lunch at Bobo's which wasn't bad but by no means amazing either...

IMG_0168.jpg

Lets not forget the fastest bike of the weekend...

IMG_0166-2.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

We need to moderate a moderator.

Not sure why you say that... :ummm:
:confused2:

I posted on the VMOA site... Have I said I hate that site yet? I can't even insert images...:bang head:

I posted a link to here...:clapping::eusa_dance:

Chris

Well sorry I mised it again this year. Seems I have more excuses for not showing up than I need. This year it was a memorial trip to Minnesota for my good buddy J.R. who passed away last year. after getting back that wednesday b4 the topeka event i knew id be hard pressd to make it. This year it was money that stopped me. First money for tires (mine are NOT highway safe) then just plain money to go. That minnesota trip cost me too much ..... 150$ in alchohol alone. hell alchohol was more than gas to get u p there a piece. Ill be tryin again next year for the Topeka Event. Thx for the pics, man u guys are fugly. :rofl_200:

No worries Jon, next year! We are fugly indeed. You should see us have a couple of beers.

Here are a couple of pics from my phone. First is at Blind Tiger for supper. Second is RagingMain taking a nap.

SSPX0009.jpg

SSPX0010.jpg

Latest posts

Back