Von 0 auf 100

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IreneF

Reaction score
Hallo zusammen! Ich bräuchte euren Hilfe.
Mein Sohn will für seinen Papa ein Geschenk für Weihnachten machen lassen. Er hat auch was süßes gefunden, aber es fehlt uns eine wichtige Info!
Mein Mann hat die mit 101 PS 1997 BJ. Nun muss er noch wissen wie schnell diese von 0 auf 100 beschleunigt! Ich habe schon so viele Seiten durch da steht immer 3 oder unter 3 Sekunden aber nur bei der Stärkeren.

Kann mir vielleicht jemand helfen?

Hallo zusammen! Ich bräuchte euren Hilfe.
Mein Sohn will für seinen Papa ein Geschenk für Weihnachten machen lassen. Er hat auch was süßes gefunden, aber es fehlt uns eine wichtige Info!
Mein Mann hat die mit 101 PS 1997 BJ. Nun muss er noch wissen wie schnell diese von 0 auf 100 beschleunigt! Ich habe schon so viele Seiten durch da steht immer 3 oder unter 3 Sekunden aber nur bei der Stärkeren.

Kann mir vielleicht jemand helfen?

Translated:

Hello all! I need your help.
My son wants to have a gift made for his dad for Christmas. He also found something sweet, but we are missing an important info!
My husband has the one with 101 hp 1997 BJ. Now he still needs to know how fast this accelerates from 0 to 100! I have already so many pages through there is always 3 or under 3 seconds but only with the stronger.

Can someone help me maybe?

Try this link out for your question from this site.

https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/o-to-60-in-seconds.25619/

Dann soll er einfach 3 Sekunden reinschreiben. Wird schon passen

Given the German she's asking 0-100 kilometers/hour. Sure something around 3 seconds is close-enough. The famous article where Cycle World, I believe it was, went against a Shelby Cobra 427 SC was 0-100 miles per hour and braking back to 0, the VMax destroyed the Cobra.

That all started because back in the early 1960's Aston-Martin wanted to advertise the gentleman's express nature of their DB3-S and they ran it 0 to 100 mph to 0 in under 25 seconds. In Great Britain at the time, "doing the Ton (100 mph)" was a significant performance paragon. The DB3-S with a DOHC inline-6 built by a single craftsman whose name was on a plaque attached in the bonnet area, was soon to see great fame as Bond, James Bond's road weapon of choice. As Aston-Martin had recently won the LeMans 24 Heures they had legitimate chops as a high-performance conveyance. It was 1959, and Ray Salvadori, a much-respected popular racer of the time, drove an Aston-Martin DBR-1 to first overall with the help of a failed TX chicken farmer who would soon discover a serious heart condition which would remove him from competition as a driver.

1639179872352.png

But loving fast cars and competition, he put together a TX team of some great engineers and fabricators (Phil Remington, Pete Brock, and others), and after searching for a suitable donor vehicle, the British-built AC Ace two-seat roadster, he was able to convince Ford to sell him V-8's on credit, and he began building British-built/bodied sports cars, with thinwall casting Ford 260 cubic inch Interceptor engines. His name was Carrol Shelby and the car was the Shelby Cobra.

Shelby had approached Chrysler about using their V-8 but was rebuffed. From his racing contacts, he also approached GM, but Zora Arkus Duntov, the Corvette chief engineer, was about to release the C2 1963 split-window coupe and a convertible, and didn't want any competition, so the answer was no. American Motors wasn't game, and they weren't 'into' performance like Ford was.

Other marques were put to the impromptu test, and in the mid-1960's when Carrol Shelby used a 427 SC Cobra to set a mark of I think it was 13.8 seconds, that was hot stuff.

An interesting sidenote, the AC Ace's engine was actually a pre-WW II BMW engine! The tooling was shipped to the U.K. after the war as reparations, and was used ito produce the engines in a number of British vehicles. It was renamed the Bristol.

1639180154167.png

Last edited:
Her main question was a non Vboost model 0-60(0-100km) time. The link I sent her, someone mentioned a 0-60 time was 5.4 seconds. I think for a 100HP bike, that "might" seem plausible. But I am unsure what number that was or where it was pulled.

Kawasaki Z1, 4.8sec, 30 kg less and 83 bhp

That person is saying that their son bought a '97 Vmax for his father for Christmas and they wanted to know roughly how fast it went from 0 to 100 kph. They say they've looked at a lot of web pages and found many different answers.

The answer for the factory 1997 Vmax is 3.3 seconds.

Der 97 Vmax geht in 3,3 Sekunden von 0 auf 100. Frohe Weihnachten!

Hey IreneF.

Ich brauch keinen Translator... German as well.

Falls du mehr fragen hast, schreib mich ruhig an.

Back