Voodoo 4-1 vs...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decter

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Voodoo 4-1 exhaust kit? If so, how does it compare with other exhausts like Hindle, Cobra, UFO, ...etc.

Last edited:
I have the UFO version of the 4-1 with megaphone. It is loud as F*&K!.

Getting the can and collector to line up with the other pipes and mounting brackets is typically a bit of a struggle every time I remove the pipes.

The center stand needs to be removed but can be put on for maintenance. I had to modify one of the stand tabs with a grinder to fit the pipes. You need short bolts and patience to put the center stand back on the bike.

Seat of the pants feeling is no different than with my previous Marks 4-2 or Hindle 4-1.

Main reason for the purchase was the Hindle had no ground clearance. I kept dragging the exhaust around turns. Not an issue with the UFO pipe.

All in all, my only complaint is the noise. I'd like to buy a 2" baffle core and fit it to the megaphone. I have the "SBD" end cap would could be milled out to 2" and a groove cut to accept the new core OD. I'm thinking it would make a big difference in the volume level.

My main concern is putting this exhaust on and later this year doing carb work, Stage 7 or equivalent, and finding that the exhaust I just bought new will be a limiting factor on my bike. Is the possible, or...

I would do both at the same time exhaust and stage 7 or morley's set up . I have the ufo's 4 into 1 and yes ear plugs are needed .Money wise voodoo is cheaper . GOOD LUCK WITH DECISION ..

I have a UFO Dragstar 4/1. It was equipped w/the bologna-cut stubby noise-abatement implement (note I did not say, 'muffler!' See below). Yes it is LOUD!!! Earplugs definitely required, each and every time. A single exposure to excess noise can permanently harm your hearing.

After I used my Dragstar for a bit, I got a UFO megaphone w/both size end caps from Jon Cornell. It may have been one of the last ones he sold, as he died less than a month later.

I used the larger of the two end caps and the megaphone did take a decent bite out of the nearly-unmuffled roar of the Dragstar bologna-cut stubby end piece (megaphone replaced the bologna-cut end piece), which to call it a 'muffler' is to malign decent mufflers everywhere.

Yes, I did the Dynojet Stage 7 kit. I kept the VBoost. The bike carburets fine. I can synch the carbs easily.

The megaphone was still too-loud. I made a couple of canisters off literbikes adapted to fit the UFO midpipe. Yes they're big. (Frankencanister) Their saving grace is I can use the bike in town without worrying about being next to a cop, in-earshot of a cop, or in the same community as a cop (OK, a bit of hyperbole there, unless you've been on the right-side of someone w/a UFO 4/1, and then you will know exactly what I mean. When the winner of the Daytona Horsepower Shootout for VMaxes (Marcus) refuses to ride next to you, it's LOUD).

Yes you have to remove your centerstand, but you can re-fit it temporarily if needed. UFO has the bolts.

All-said, I like the performance. I like the UFO construction, fit, and finish. Yes, a bit of a struggle to fit, but no grinding or denting of anything was needed. Too-loud in stock form, but fixed w/some shade-tree engineering and w/the help of a friend w/a good TIG setup. Mark or Sean could fix you up w/a shorty canister.

I hyave two Frankencanisters for mine, but only use one as it's a 4/1, right?

Attachments

• pipe.JPG
    pipe.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Rt. Frankencanister.02.jpg
    Rt. Frankencanister.02.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1468.jpg
    IMG_1468.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
My main concern is putting this exhaust on and later this year doing carb work, Stage 7 or equivalent, and finding that the exhaust I just bought new will be a limiting factor on my bike. Is the possible, or...

Diane, (VMAXSuperStore) , is a VooDoo dealer and VMF Vendor. She can probably answer any questions about the system you have. Her forum section is here.

I am currently trading emails with her. I spoke with voodoomoto and they said the bike is getting around 104 dB at 4500 RPM. I work in medicine and you guys are dead on that that is way high and hearing protection should be worn for it, for anything about 84 dB really. Any ideas as far as how to get the noise down on it?

Where I work at single hearing is required at 85 dB, and DOUBLE hearing protection is required at 105 dB.

I am currently trading emails with her. I spoke with voodoomoto and they said the bike is getting around 104 dB at 4500 RPM. I work in medicine and you guys are dead on that that is way high and hearing protection should be worn for it, for anything about 84 dB really. Any ideas as far as how to get the noise down on it?

:biglaugh: Either keep it parked or don't go over 45 miles an hour ..I buy in bulk the foam insert earplugs . I use them for hunting with guns , chainsaw , mowing lawn even my gen 2 I will wear them and it's a lot quieter . You either gotta love the sound or get something with less noise but still should plugs the ears.. When I first heard the 4 into 1 dragstar on youtube I had to get it at idle and up to 45mph badass sound over that kinda annoying . I did buy a venture rear end that will drop rpms down so that will help out alot once installed

HI there:

You can get the decibels decreased by adding on a VooDoo SpeakEasy insert to your VooDoo exhaust. They run $33 and remember to use your coupon code for the 4 into 1 or 2 into one exhaust at http://www.peromotorsports.com/search.php?search_query=vmax+exhaust

Use coupon code VMaxForum_VooDoo exhaust at check out for 15% off until July 4th.

If you are international contact me directly as we are NOT set up yet to ship internationally on the website. Still working on it.

I am doing a video that will show you how to install the SpeakEasy insert. Should be ready shortly and I'll share it with you. Yes you will be finally able to put a name to a face!

Diane

Latest posts

Back