VooDoo Exhaust baffles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone has any solution or baffles that would quiet the 2nd gen exhaust?

If you have the voodoos.... You can try repacking them. I got rid of the steel wool they come with, and wrapped them with fiberglass packing, or you can use ceramic packing. It gives them a deeper tone, and gets rid of the crackle. But they are still loud. I believe you can keep the de-cat and go with a different set of cans. Voodoo is one of the loudest available for the gen 2. I'm still toying with the idea of pulling the baffles and putting the end caps back on lol.

The baffles in the can (the pipe with holes) can be covered to be louder or you can even cut more larger holes making the original holes oval to tune to your liking or oder baffles online. Bike exhaust is pretty easy to tune so long as its not all welded but fitted together.

Well my biggest fears happened I got stopped for my exhaust being to loud . I repacked the baffles previously and yet to loud . Any additional advice is there any other exhaust that fits the Voodoo cat delete?

Well my biggest fears happened I got stopped for my exhaust being to loud . I repacked the baffles previously and yet to loud . Any additional advice is there any other exhaust that fits the Voodoo cat delete?
Any can will work, just measure the outside diameter of the collector.... I can't remember the size off hand, but any can that will slip over will work. Just need 2 of them. That's crazy, I actually pulled the baffles on my VooDoo cans. Just slapped the end caps back on.... Gone by plenty of cops, even had one follow me, and I wasn't being subtle either.

Here In California there strict on noise ordinance. I past lots of cops before . This time they were at a check point in riverside county with border patrol and the CHP officer told me he could hear me from about a half mile .

Here In California there strict on noise ordinance. I past lots of cops before . This time they were at a check point in riverside county with border patrol and the CHP officer told me he could hear me from about a half mile .

That's BS, he needs to Pace it out with a meter, and check it with a DB meter. To see if your over the DB limit. I'm sure your are if your running VooDoos lol. I'll have to check again but I don't think SC has a DB limit on motorcycle exhaust.

I'd like to get a length of pipe and make my own baffles, and experiment with hole size and different patterns to see.... Or hear the difference.

That's BS, he needs to Pace it out with a meter, and check it with a DB meter. To see if your over the DB limit. I'm sure your are if your running VooDoos lol. I'll have to check again but I don't think SC has a DB limit on motorcycle exhaust.
I agree your right he need a meter and true I run voodoo exhaust . At this point

So now OC officers are stopping folks for violations of noise ordinance with meters checking the dB noise levels, There even stopping folks on harleys to

Not hurting for money but thanks for the observation. I figured I would post for members that are in so cal give them heads up.

I could never live in CA, I left NY because they ain't far behind y'all.... I pulled out in front of a cop over the weekend, not knowing it was cop, ran my Max up to about 80 getting going, and slowed back down to about 65 in a 55, and he didn't bother.... With my nice subtle VooDoos lol.

Funny I’m originally from NY my self i was stationed in Camp Pendleton . I decided to live out here in Southern California. Beautiful place and I get to ride all year that the perk . Here the con with all the anti guns and motorcycllist unfortunately these are the cards I’m dealing with. I ride thru Orange County here and the cops are so petty . They are literally just stopping any of one with loud exhaust and speeding over the limit just petty stuff . I’m going to have to ether buy another exhaust system or find a make shift baffle for the voodoo system I have . With my line of work I get anymore tickets I can lose my job . So I’m going to find a compromise to my problem .

I've been to Cali twice. First time was in the desert, second time was in the woods lol. Both times for Uncle Sam. It is beautiful out there, but the politics had killed any chance of me living out there. Arizona would be my pick, and almost happened. But with family near where I am now in SC, and I can ride year round.... Just a little chilly in the winter is all.... But no snow, no more plowing, shoveling, Cheaper taxes, slower life, sweet tea everywhere lol, I'm happy.

I agree cost of living and taxes here is ridiculous. To tell you the truth I’m thinking Texas would be my next option if my job permits . I agree also politics and the immigration problems out here it time to sail of somewhere else .

I agree cost of living and taxes here is ridiculous. To tell you the truth I’m thinking Texas would be my next option if my job permits . I agree also politics and the immigration problems out here it time to sail of somewhere else .
What the fuck is going on? I live in Los angeles. Whom did they stop autos and moto, just for noise? You can go to auto shop who deal with exaust systems and ask them to reduce noise. They are profi and know the ropes.

It been noise complaint in Orange County look it up been in the news OC cops are being well you know the rest. The harleys that cops ride do have mufflers there no where loud as the civilian harleys they as well have been stopped to .

Last edited:
Hearing all the discussion about LEO's, Harley-Davidsons and loud exhausts, reminds me of something that happened where I worked fire/rescue in So. Florida. The LEO's who were assigned to Motor Patrol (the 'Motormen') were provided with new leased Harley-Davidson Big Twins, I think they were (at the time) FXRS-SP models. They were 'take-home,' the LEO's got to commute in them, and since they were leased, whatever the lease agreement was, for duration, when they were to be returned at the end of the lease, the LEO could purchase the motorcycle at a significant discount. Many of the LEO's had customers waiting for their bikes, they would sell them to whoever offered them the most-$$$. This was back-when in So. Florida, there was a waiting-list for H-D's, and if you didn't have one to trade-in, the dealer would force you to buy about $2,500 worth of accessories, and $1,500 labor to install it, "take-it, or leave-it." As I mentioned, there was a waiting line for bikes. If you didn't order one, which was several months' wait, you could get "on the list" for a particular model. When that model showed-up in a shipment, the dealer's salesman would give you a day to show-up and to pay-for it, and don't forget your $2,500-worth of mandatory accessories, and $1,500 labor for installation; yes, that's a $4,000 over MSRP (no negotiating on price, "if you don't want this bike, we have a waiting list of customers for it!") You want a black FLH? "This shipment, we have light/dark brown two-tone, a white one, and a burgundy/white model, first person who shows-up to-pay, gets his choice, later guys get to choose from what's left."

Back-to the LEO's and their new, leased by the city, Big Twins. One of the long-time cops shows-up for roll-call, and his bike is conspicuously-louder than his co-workers, which draws a lot of attention among the rank & file. He's sittin'-pretty, and loud! Quite a sight in his sam brown belt and matching below-the-knee leather riding boots.

A few days later, he shows-up for his shift, and mysteriously, his bike is back to a quiet exhaust! He doesn't want to talk about-it. Doesn't matter, the truth comes-out. The Deputy Police Chief heard the LEO's loud-exhaust. During the shift, the Motorman was ordered to report to the Deputy Chief's office, where he was ordered to return the bike to the Harley-Davidson dealership, for a re-fitting of NOS replacement mufflers, at his expense.

Plenty of other stories... .

Latest posts

Back