Voodoo full dual system dyno

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEARL MAX

Reaction score
i would like to buy one of these full voodoo dual slash cut setups but was wondering if anyone knows or has dynoed there max after the install and has real hp gain numbers?

Remember it's not just"install an exhaust," it's tune the carbs via new jetting and other carb/airbox/intake mods to get the additional performance.

Properly-done, you could realize a 10% improvement, which is a common achievement, so if you're at 110 RWHP, you could break into the 120+ RWHP if correctly-done. The Cobras look good but will cost you that 10%! No scavenging.

If I was a new VMax owner looking to make my ride more-enjoyable, and more confidence-inspiring, I would buy a replacement rear wheel in either a 17" or 18" and throw radials on (you can re-use your stock front rim but it isn't optimal width for a radial, so keep it narrow on your tire choice there). To make it stop better, HH pads for my stock calipers w/stainless steel lines, and check your steering head bearings and wheel bearings. That will benefit you far-more than a loud exhaust. You already have twin-pair opposed piston calipers. Yamaha FZR triple-opposed calipers in the 100 mm o.c. size are a bolt-on improvement as are the early Yamaha R1 100 mm o.c. blue or gold spot calipers, which you should be able to get reasonably.

You may want to take a look at how Traumahawk went about the tuning and modding his Vmax. He dynoed it while it was completely stock then after each mod (I think) to see his results. Most just rely on the butt dyno to quantify their results, which is what I did, and it is fine to do it that way IMO. I was looking for sound and well, looks, to go along with a little performance boost.
You can listen to the videos but they only give you a thumbnail sketch of how it will sound in person. So hopefully a owner with a VooDoo (or an UFO as they are essentially the same) exhaust setup to your liking that lives near you so you can hear it live. I can tell you from personal experience that the small mufflered slash cuts are very loud.

not looking for guesses or tips on how to make a vmax nice,i own a sportbike shop and i know how to build and work on bikes from harleys to yutbo zx14's, so not looking to be treated like some dummy who knows nothing about these bikes,i have owned 7 vmax's in the past 20 years and have built 1428's and high compression 1260's so i am pretty good on knowing everything inside the max.

i looking for real numbers on this system to show me the build quality and how the max responds to the voodoo dual setup,not a ufo,a voodoo.just because voodoo looks like the ufo does not mean its built the same or makes the same power. not worried about loud as i also own a texas chopper with an el bruto 127ci with open pipes and that is much louder then a kerker max with large baffle anyday.

some details on my current max i ride so you see what i am about.

as for tires 17 or 18 inch wheel with a sportbike tire gives a harder ride and is not worth the price or the handling it gives.complete waste in my book

i run avon venoms bias 120 front and 170 rear,front tire specs out at 128mm wide and the rear tire specs out at 182mm wide,the wide looks fit the bikes looks much better and the handling is very much improoved and the tall sidewall gives it a much nicer ride.

for shocks i run 13.5 showa piggy backs with adjustable comp,preload,and damping. had to machine the eyes and refill with poly and make new bushings but well worth it for the ride.

front forks i run a specail tube brace and progressive springs with poly spacers for added comfort and 4 psi of air,works like a charm

electrical i run r1 rec, megamax agm battery, gutted most of the stock wiring and installed my own wiring setup using 10g braided copper,ditch the factory headlight and have the exactrap cybermax which i modified and running twin 7w led projectors and a 10w 5 led spotlight bar underneath that i modded myself to fit and bolt up,led blinkers and led tailight also.at night it can light up a entire parking lot with less then half the power comsumed from the stock headlight.

as for brakes i run the r1 gold dots front and rear with gaf wave rotors (rear also runs a large front rotor and custom caliper bar i made), with organic pads,stainless steel lines and i worked over the the master cylinder internals myself. brakes are top notch.

as for the engine,megacycle cams,1260 w pistons,10.5 comp. drilled modded clutch with double springs and extra plate,heads cleaned up and polished,cops with dyna and iridiums,carbs jetted and airbox modded,vboost set for 3000rpm,solid billet motor mounts tie it all together with the frame

as for exhaust i have a bunch,kerker,marks duals,supertrapp slips,cobras with stock downpipes,ufo quadzilla that rusted to shit. best one out of the bunch i like are the cobras,they simply look the best and even out the bike nicely and they have a sound that is pleasing, the kerker looks like its from the 80's which it is,marks looks like a sportbike setup from a ninja 500,the supertrapps sound horrible and look terrible,the ufo looked great and made really nice power but rust took its toll and after spending that much money and getting rust i will never buy another ufo product again,then i seen the voodoo dual,looks nice,made of stainless steel,should have a nice rumble,need to know how it performs and how the quality is, i seen tons of stuff get copied in china and quality is terrible,not saying they are made there but ya never know.

looking to change up the exhaust and try new system on the block but want to make sure it wont be a waste of 600.00 and its not a knockoff made in china copy that does nothing, a dyno after install will show how well it flows and how well its built.

as you can see i been on this forum for 6 years and a vmoa member for over 10,i just dont post on it because you never get direct answers to the questions you asked,you always get people going completely off subject or giving you guesses to your questions or stating what they read off the forum themselves second hand from some other thread.

as you can tell i am not a forum type person.

Pearl Max,

I have not seen anyone post dyno results of a Voodoo system.
Maybe you can be the first to do so and contribute to the knowledge base of our forum?

On another note, what bike are the showa shocks originally from?

i would like to buy one of these full voodoo dual slash cut setups but was wondering if anyone knows or has dynoed there max after the install and has real hp gain numbers?

Haven't seen any before/after figures. Have you tried the people who sell the exhausts? Wouldn't the figures be irrelevant to u anyway after all ur listed engine mods?

No appreciable difference in out testing to make one stand out and say "THAT IS THE ONE". The slip-ons don't make power (but don't lose any either) and the Cobra's might look cool but they suck for power.

Voodoo used to make the systems for UFO. I think UFO now makes their own.

Marks makes stainless systems if you don't want something that rusts.

I put my bike on a dyno with stock that had the center drilled out and a k&n filter it maid 114 hp and 78.5 on a trusted dyno. I also put ufo 4 into 2 slash cuts and stage 7 on a different trusted dyno and with a good tune maybe the best tune ever IMO the bike made 121.5 and 81.5 But as you might already know dyno number is just a number. I feel the day me and two other guys vidio a ride that we went on the bike ran its best seat of the pants and wheelie up power and that was before the best dyno tune. The tech and i tuned it without a dyno and just seat of the pants feel. I should have left well enough alone. I dont know what way was faster in 1/4 mile but for me the bottom end power is the best. So make sure you keep this in mind when you are looking for your best tune.

No appreciable difference in out testing to make one stand out and say "THAT IS THE ONE". The slip-ons don't make power (but don't lose any either) and the Cobra's might look cool but they suck for power.

Voodoo used to make the systems for UFO. I think UFO now makes their own.

Marks makes stainless systems if you don't want something that rusts.

+1,

None of the full systems are markedly better than others in performance...Get what you like in style, finish and sound....

I have one of the original stainless steel UFO 4-2's with the old style CANS instead of the megaphone offering s they have now and its been a great system.

I don't know if UFO offers a stainless system anymore, or who else does beside Marks, I eventually ceramic coated my stainless system because I got weary of the continual polishing to keep it looking pretty...

Even if I did not want the stainless look I'd still want stainless for the durability and would still ceramic coat it too..

thanks for the heads up sean,once again you helped me out with info i couldnt find,i had no clue voodoo built the original systems for ufo,i talked to ufo 2 months back and they told me voodoo bought all the vmax parts from ufo and sent them all to china to get copied and the exhaust systems were garbage and the diameter and pipe thickness was terrible and fitment was hit or miss with airleaks at every slip and the didnt make anywhere near the power of a real ufo system.

that is why i have been looking for real numbers from someone who bought and installed the voodoo first hand. had a feeling ufo might of just been sour grapes and was not being as honest as they should be,now i see thats exactly what happened.

to me how much hp they make will tell how well they are built and assembled and how well they flow into each other,there is alot more to a header,then looks or tubing size.

madb as for the rear shocks they are from a harley

I have not seen a Voodoo system but I wouldn't buy UFO's bullshit story about Voodoo for a second without seeing it for myself.
The story sounds like all the other PR fuck ups UFO has done when bashing competitors.

If you believe the Internet UFO stole their exhaust design from the major company called HMF.

Who stole it from a guy called Mario while he wasn't looking.....

It's just an exhaust fer christ sakes, not like UFO invented algebra.

i was at voodoo last week, they make their own shit. looks good nice welds,down pipes look a little smaller maybe? i stop in at hmf sometimes, they claim to have designed and made the 4-2 for cornell originaly

My understanding is Voodoo is a Jon Cornel Co or UFO after he passed on. I haven`t used Voodoo, but I am like you I would like to have the Dyno Results of this 4 into 2 system.
I would contact Voodoo and see what dyno results they have on this system if I was serious about this system. If they are following Jon, results will Not be compared apples to oranges, apples to apples. Jon Cornell was truly an upstanding honest man.
I have UFO Cool Sound mufflers and header pipes on my Max. I had them ceramic coated, which eliminates Rust and also helps with heat. The Cool Sound cans are not made any more but sound better than any muffler out there in my opinion. Wished I could get those mufflers reproduced. Anyone who hears my Beast bark loves the sound they make.
Sounds as if you have Modified you ride to your specks and have improved it greatly.
Good luck on the Voodoo specks. And post what you have came up with on them, we would love to have results first hand.

Latest posts

Back