Voodoo slip on 4 into 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carboneric

Reaction score
Hey all,
Have just gotten the voodoo slip ons for my 2014. Do I need a tuner to do fuel management or have to do anything other than put them on and go ? Thanks in advance for the help

You should have your ECU re-flashed here - http://guruedgear.com/

This corrects the fueling (and fixes a cylinder that is lean from the factory that gets worse with a pipe installed), removes the top speed limiter, removes the throttle nanny in the first few gears, improves the throttle response and smooths out the engine overall.

Tim Nash is the owner and resident VMax Genius, tell him Mark sent you.

You should have your ECU re-flashed here - http://guruedgear.com/

This corrects the fueling (and fixes a cylinder that is lean from the factory that gets worse with a pipe installed), removes the top speed limiter, removes the throttle nanny in the first few gears, improves the throttle response and smooths out the engine overall.

Tim Nash is the owner and resident VMax Genius, tell him Mark sent you.
Thanks so much, I'm in Canada so maybe will find a place in my city to get this done. Very much appreciate your input bud cheers Kinda of mechanically challenged lol that's why yamaha has always worked great for me

You're welcome Eric. Removing the ECU is a pretty easy job, you can just mail it out and have it back in a few days.

I highly recommend the re-flash, it makes quite a difference in the way the bike runs, and ensures the engine is operating with safe fueling.

GuruedGear is THE company for that service, so before you let some other company change the code in your ECU please do your research. I can't emphasize that too much.

Enjoy your Gen 2.....it's a GREAT bike!

PS Post some photos!

You're welcome Eric. Removing the ECU is a pretty easy job, you can just mail it out and have it back in a few days.

I highly recommend the re-flash, it makes quite a difference in the way the bike runs, and ensures the engine is operating with safe fueling.

GuruedGear is THE company for that service, so before you let some other company change the code in your ECU please do your research. I can't emphasize that too much.

Enjoy your Gen 2.....it's a GREAT bike!

PS Post some photos!

Yeah I've been looking into this as new to the whole modifications. Always been happy with her stock. So I'm flipping a coin in reflashing bye your rec or getting power commander and brining it to dyno lab here in my city. Gonna keep researching for sure, you've opened my eyes bud to New possibilities Yeah once I figure it out I'll post picture for sure

Latest posts

Back