Voodoo speakeasy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hijinx1812

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a voodoo full exhaust & love the sound, but it's loud as all get out. Voodoo makes the speakeasy baffles (supposedly for all shorty mufflers), but in the fine print it says that it's not recommend for the vmax. My question is why? I tried contacting voodoo directly but got no response. Any input on the speakeasys or a way to drop the decibels a few points would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Thanks Vanbry. So is it something that's detrimental to the motor or does it just suck a little of the performance out of it? If it drops the hp by 1 or 2, I could live with that in the city and remove them for more "spirited" riding.

Thanks Vanbry. So is it something that's detrimental to the motor or does it just suck a little of the performance out of it? If it drops the hp by 1 or 2, I could live with that in the city and remove them for more "spirited" riding.

This is exactly what their email said: " We do not offer another solution for quieting these exhausts. The speakeasy is not recommended due to possible failure due to the exhaust pressure."

I made some inserts that were close to the speakeasy, and my bike sounded like crap and would barely run with just one of them in. I didn't even put a second one in...end of experiment.

I have the UFO slash cut 4-1, well I have a megaphone on now with a 2 1/2" end cap. It helped out a lot. The newer bike I have has the Holeshot 4-2, I would love to have them on both bikes. Not too loud until you twist that grip and it wakes up. I do not have to wear earplugs with the holeshot, unlike with my UFO.

I have the UFO slash cut 4-1, well I have a megaphone on now with a 2 1/2" end cap. It helped out a lot. The newer bike I have has the Holeshot 4-2, I would love to have them on both bikes. Not too loud until you twist that grip and it wakes up. I do not have to wear earplugs with the holeshot, unlike with my UFO.

I picked up a set of megaphones from henrysgmc, and put the small endcaps, and it helped a lot; I liked the sound of the 2 1/2...deeper, but I was looking for something that didn't make my ears ring. Goodbye slashcuts!! FYI, the UFO megaphones will fit on the Voodoo exhaust.

I have been running a set for about a year I wasn't aware of the disclaimer so far no problems and it did quiet them down somewhat

Attachments

• speakeasy 2.jpg
    speakeasy 2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 74
I put a set in some ufo slash cuts. Along with a repack it cut the sound down. Still loud though. And a bit finicky to dial in. I went back to my hmf cans so that tells you something....

Dale

If I decide that it's too loud, what are my options as far as switching over mufflers aside from ufo megaphones? So far I like the sound, but I can see how it may get old after awhile.

I bought packing from Dennis Kirk, but it's not too bad with the cones, I am guessing it pretty tame which would be a shock. I don't hear other bikes, had a dumbass cut between two of us yesterday. Little 125 or something, I almost gave him a combat kick as I got on it entering the freeway.

Any Speak Easy stockists in UK ? Interested in getting them but may cost dear in postal / duty charges if buying from USA.

Last edited:
Back