• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vrod Headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npthayer

Reaction score
Looking to trade my Vrod headlight for a Yamaha OEM Windshield. Prefer to trade rather than sell. Decided to change the look of my bike again and put the original headlight back on the bike. There are some minor scratches on the top of the bucket from trying to fit it on my bike and get it mounted (see photo #2 and #3), but once the headlight is mounted you cannot see the scratches. Will include the connectors I used to wire it up. If interested in a trade, shoot me a PM.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 110
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 109
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hey Nate... good to see you back on the forum. Hope you'll be able to join us for some up coming rides around Michigan ! :biglaugh:

Good luck with your headlight trade. Looks like a very nice unit.

I have a newer instrument cowl, 2001 I think.

Do you have the bracket to fit the Vmax or didn't you get that far?

Hey Nate... good to see you back on the forum. Hope you'll be able to join us for some up coming rides around Michigan ! :biglaugh:

Good luck with your headlight trade. Looks like a very nice unit.

Thanks Jeff. I kinda dropped off the face of the earth there for a lil bit, was fighting custody battles and what not there for a while but all is good now. Hopefully I can hook up with you guys for a ride this summer.

I have a newer instrument cowl, 2001 I think.

Do you have the bracket to fit the Vmax or didn't you get that far?

Just for clarification, I'm looking to trade for the OEM Yamaha windshield not the gauge cluster. I put instrument cowl because thats what Yamaha calls it.

But, yes I have the bracket to mount it. I spoke with Bill Kratz about how to mount it when I first bought the headlight and he suggested using turn signal brackets from Wild Hair Accessories. If you bought anything from them you know how expensive their stuff is. So if I was to include the mounting brackets, it would have to be trade + cash, otherwise I can use them on my Suzuki.

Dang, wish I had a windscreen to trade you. Seem to sell every one I come across. I'll keep you in mind though. I also got powdercoated parts to trade. Interested?

Are you talking about the small windshield that just covers the instruments? If not, I have a new in the box larger OEM windshield (called Mini for some reason) without the wing etching. Includes all hardware which was sold separately. I would trade and maybe pay the difference for the brackets if not too expensive. If you are interested, how much cash needed to do the trade and get the brackets? :ummm:

This is nearly a year old thread so the original offer may not be viable anymore. I would PM Nate to see if it's still available.

Wow!! I didn't even notice that! DOH!!! :wacko:

Latest posts

Back