Vrod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbaron13

Reaction score
Found an 04 Vrod for 5900, beautiful teal and silver, great on the highway, most comfortable bike I have driven. After I got back from the test ride I told the salesman that it was just not what I expected. It was to slow and sluggish. There has to be something wrong, at 115 hp it should accelerate much faster. Man, I am glad I have a 34 year old vmax.

these are figures gleaned of the interweb so seems there is not much in it. Did you leave the brake on?

2001 Harley-Davidson V-Rod 0-60 mph 3.5 Quarter mile 11.4
2010 Harley-Davidson V-Rod Muscle 0-60 mph 3.7 Quarter mile 11.7

vmax 1200 0-60 mph 3.3 Quarter mile 10.9

No man, no brake on, maybe I was missing the boost. I had a buddy that bought a new volkswagon polo. That car was quick for a year. He told me he had lost power on the motor. We went to the field for two weeks so he dropped it off at the vw dealer in Wiesbaden and told them it was not fast anymore, fix it. I asked him how it ran when he got it back and he said like it did when it was new, they replaced the cams. Now, if that Vrod accelerated just a tad like the max, I would have brought it home. One of the techs said with straight pipes it reduces the power, the motor likes back pressure. The guy who owned it put on some aftermarket exhausts. Now I have read guys have driven those up to 90k miles with only oil, filter and plug changes.

i rode 2 vrods , the power is disappointing . harley's version of the vmax , at twice the price

Right! I’ve rented one for the day and had fun riding. It was definitely not the muscle tensing, adrenaline rushing feel as the Max.
Great looking bikes when customized.

I never lost a race to one and hated riding them when I worked at Harley that Muscle has to be the most uncomfortable bike I ever been on. The only one's I liked riding were the street rod I believe in 06 and 07 that had mid controls

Drove every Harley(including all models of VRod) at the dealer when I apprenticed there and the only comparable bike to my 1st Gen VMax was the new style FatBob. It handled great and steered/braked without issues. As far as my 2nd Gen VMax; Harley will never top it, end of story. It is light years beyond their technology. Christ, they can barely keep up performance-wise with 1985 VMax technology. That's 35 years.

Drove every Harley(including all models of VRod) at the dealer when I apprenticed there and the only comparable bike to my 1st Gen VMax was the new style FatBob. It handled great and steered/braked without issues. As far as my 2nd Gen VMax; Harley will never top it, end of story. It is light years beyond their technology. Christ, they can barely keep up performance-wise with 1985 VMax technology. That's 35 years.
You've obviously not come across a XR1200 in the hands of a man that knows how to use it.

1601825137352.png

I own both a 05 vmax and a 06 night rod. The max is quicker but they are also both heavy. The rod feels like it carries it weight lower and will drag parts faster than the max. Both are good cruisers but since both have smallish tanks neither are good for distance. Come to think of it nothing I own is. My Ducati 1198 is a lightweight beast but has similar range due to it being thirsty. If you look hard enough you can see them all.9D3EB958-BC83-4BBB-A1A6-0C72FAB7C21D.jpeg

I own both a 05 vmax and a 06 night rod. The max is quicker but they are also both heavy. The rod feels like it carries it weight lower and will drag parts faster than the max. Both are good cruisers but since both have smallish tanks neither are good for distance. Come to think of it nothing I own is. My Ducati 1198 is a lightweight beast but has similar range due to it being thirsty. If you look hard enough you can see them all.View attachment 73128
You do have them packed in tight. What are the parts on the passenger seat of the VMAX?

You do have them packed in tight. What are the parts on the passenger seat of the VMAX?
Those are a set of nut drivers(pass seat) and the factory tool pouch for the max. I moved them over to work on the tractor. Did not want to tag them with the stabilizer of the how backing up.

Those are a set of nut drivers(pass seat) and the factory tool pouch for the max. I moved them over to work on the tractor. Did not want to tag them with the stabilizer of the how backing up.
That boy can ride gees

Latest posts

Back