walker issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxerCraig

Reaction score
I have noticed recently that the holeshot exhaust I paid 1,000$ for about 5 years ago appears to be rusting out already. I ride in the rain on occasion, but always store my vmax inside. The cans are still almost perfect with barely a blemish. Is there a fix or will they need a new ceramic coating? Any input greatly appreciated!!!

I have had Holeshot headers for about six years and there has been a couple of areas of rust under the bike.
As it's not in an area that is visible I haven't done anything with it and so far it hasn't spread significantly.

I guess you could do a local patch with VHT Silver if it is a non-visible area but you would need to ensure all the corrosion had been removed - a problem with the headers installed.
If you take them off and have the affected area bead blasted that should do the trick.

Have you spoken to Dale and asked his advice?

One other point - try to make sure that when you put the bike away it is dry - and if you ride in an area where they salt the roads this has been removed (not from the road - that would be a big ask, but from the bike!).
Moisture (and salt) will accelerate corrosion so try to keep this to a minimum.

Back