Wall of Death rider hits Five X the force of gravity!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Being on the Isle of Man podium 15 times isn't enough of a thrill, he pulled 5+ G's on the 37' dia. Wall of Death, riding his own modded BSA Rocket III! It had an open primary drive, no chain guard, and looked more like a TT bike w/a big alloy gas tank than a Wall of Death ride. Jeez, that bike was designed when Twiggy was the world's most-popular model. I almost bought a Rocket III in the spring of '72, from a guy who was serving in Vietnam, his parents were selling it for him. I took it for a test ride, decided I wanted to ride a dual-purpose bike w/my friends more-than being a 'strictly-street-rider,' and went out and bought a new Yamaha 360 Enduro, my first new bike, which I still have, 44 years later.

I wonder if he had burst blood vessels in his eyes after that? I think that must be the ragged edge of control at 5 G's, even at the few seconds he was there.

“It all went grey …” but British racer and lorry mechanic Guy Martin kept going to smash the Wall of Death record last evening on live television. Pulling more than 5 Gs, Martin first broke the record on a modified Indian Scout before going even faster on his home-built BSA Rocket 3. Watch the videos below to see just how risky this stunt really was, and to get an insight into the thinking of a racer who has stood on the Isle of Man podium 15 times.

And that's what the fighter pilots call "grey-out." :worthy:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2016...aks-wall-of-death-record-by-more-than-18-mph/

We used to have similar riders at our local fair. they would ride in a up on the walls like that. It was a much smaller arena. I remember watching the guy, wondering if the fumes were getting to him:moped::moped:

We used to have similar riders at our local fair. they would ride in a up on the walls like that. It was a much smaller arena.
In Coney Island, it was called the Hell Hole..

We used to have similar riders at our local fair. they would ride in a up on the walls like that. It was a much smaller arena. I remember watching the guy, wondering if the fumes were getting to him:moped::moped:

I lived at the Wall of Death when the fair was in town....just totally fascinated by it! Like you said, much smaller but still the coolest thing I'd ever seen! Tried building one for our bicycles, miserable failure of course! :bang head:

The Harley-Davidson exhibit at Daytona Bike Week had a speedbowl, I just missed seeing the last run before they closed, I was sitting on all the bikes, and collecting H-D literature. I heard it running, though.

Back