want to quiet it down, muffler sugestions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnut108

Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Vmax and it has custom exhaust. I do not know what type of mufflers are on it. They are can type, one on each side. The guy I bought it from wrapped them in a carbon fiber tape, so no name. he said there was no name on them before he wrapped them. They are about 10 inches long and are slip on's with a spring connecting them to the exhaust pipe. They are really loud and I would like to change them to something closer to stock mufflers. I've been looking for a complete stock setup so I could also go back to a center stand but everything that is for sale seems pretty beat up. I can live without changing the headers but would like to know if anyone knows of a fairly quiet slip on.
Thanks, Patrick

I have a complete stock blk pipe and mint black muffler set up for sale.
Will pm you.....

The bike is in the shop right now, Ill post a pic next week. What would the springs be for if not to help hold on the muffler ? Any after market slip on's that are quiet ?

Sounds like marks but his can be made quiet, sounds like you got a 2.5 or 2.75 opening muffler. His has springs on it

The bike is in the shop right now, Ill post a pic next week. What would the springs be for if not to help hold on the muffler ? Any after market slip on's that are quiet ?
The supertrapps can be made halfway quiet & the jardines if you can find a set are not super loud don't get me wrong there louder than stock but not obnoxious. If you have an aftermarket header there not gonna fit on it though. The springs are to help hold it but the stock head pipe does not have a place to hook a spring to unless some one welded a spot on it.

Kyle, the old Two Brothers slip-ons used springs to hold the mufflers to the mid pipes.

Sean

Loud is all personal reference.

Here's a system we recently dealt with. It was a little unique in that it also has DB killers built into the front inlet adapter (see the knob on it). Let's you open or close up the system for more/less noise.

Sean

Attachments

• Two Brothers Muffler.jpg
    Two Brothers Muffler.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 61
The supertrapps can be made halfway quiet & the jardines if you can find a set are not super loud don't get me wrong there louder than stock but not obnoxious. If you have an aftermarket header there not gonna fit on it though. The springs are to help hold it but the stock head pipe does not have a place to hook a spring to unless some one welded a spot on it.

It does not have the stock head pipes. The centerstand had to be removed for the pipes to fit. The attachment points for the centerstand are still there. Head pipes look like they are welded all the way to the muffler. I'll post some pics next week.

I like the idea of being able to turn down decimals and of course turning them back up ! The way I see it if my neighbors complain about my dragstars I would complain about their lawn mowers being loud..

Here's a system we recently dealt with. It was a little unique in that it also has DB killers built into the front inlet adapter (see the knob on it). Let's you open or close up the system for more/less noise.

Sean

Reminds me of the old Snuff R' Nots from the 50's thru the 70's. I had them on some TT pipes I had on a 1967 Honda Scrambler. How would that affect the carb tuning though???

Sean

Sean do you know if this type of muffler is still available? I like this idea alot

I have not asked them in a long time. I suspect not but you never know. They get sticky too and you have to fiddle with them to get moving again (I think regular use would eliminate the problem).

Sean

Decided to go back to stock, with the help of forum member Danny. So after I get my custom system off, I take some pics and post them here to sell

Latest posts

Back