• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Wanted 1985 Vmax brochure and other early years brochures

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timm Adam

Reaction score
Hello friends!
I have wanted a Vmax since I saw the first one in a bike magazine and a little later in a showroom window at an importer. As you may know the Vmax was not available here in Germany for the first years. Now, in 2021 I made my dream come true and bought a Vmax in very good condition. It is a 1999 model and at that time we were ale to buy the Vmax with 98 hp without the boost system and fortunately also in full splendor. Originally I was searching for an early model best from 1985 but I just did not wait any longer now.

Anyway, I have started to collect all the articles in bike magazines, old brochures from Yamaha and all the origianl workshop manuals etc. I could get. What I am really really missing is one of the first brochures of the Vmax from 1985. I saw some pictures of it and I want it; I must have it.

So please if anyone here has one or two of these brochures could you please sell it to me? I will of course pay for any expenses made and shipping to Germany plus the money you want for the brochure.

If you are interested in it I can offer some stuff in exchange like some catalogs or brochures from other Yamaha bikes in German or sometimes in different languages. FJ1200 1988 model and the last FJ1200 from 1991 with ABS. Also some catalogs/brochures with the full range of Yamaha moorcycles.

I used to have an RD350LC and a RD350LC YPVS. Now (some years ago) I have restarted with a collection of FJ1100 (as they are nearly thrown away over here I have collected 12 of them within the last 4 years; going to pick 2 more up soon) and some of the FJ1200 from 1988 to 1990 (5 until now and one being still complete, I have to to do the carbs and de-rust the fuel tank but then she should run again. She is in my favourite colour black with golden letters and details.). Additionally I have a few Yamaha Chappy LB 50 2 AM. I am searching for an LB80 also. Then I have not given up on finding a good 1985 Vmax.

Thank you for any help on finding one of these brochures!

Kind regards

Timm

Hello friends!
I have wanted a Vmax since I saw the first one in a bike magazine and a little later in a showroom window at an importer. As you may know the Vmax was not available here in Germany for the first years. Now, in 2021 I made my dream come true and bought a Vmax in very good condition. It is a 1999 model and at that time we were ale to buy the Vmax with 98 hp without the boost system and fortunately also in full splendor. Originally I was searching for an early model best from 1985 but I just did not wait any longer now.

Anyway, I have started to collect all the articles in bike magazines, old brochures from Yamaha and all the origianl workshop manuals etc. I could get. What I am really really missing is one of the first brochures of the Vmax from 1985. I saw some pictures of it and I want it; I must have it.

So please if anyone here has one or two of these brochures could you please sell it to me? I will of course pay for any expenses made and shipping to Germany plus the money you want for the brochure.

If you are interested in it I can offer some stuff in exchange like some catalogs or brochures from other Yamaha bikes in German or sometimes in different languages. FJ1200 1988 model and the last FJ1200 from 1991 with ABS. Also some catalogs/brochures with the full range of Yamaha moorcycles.

I used to have an RD350LC and a RD350LC YPVS. Now (some years ago) I have restarted with a collection of FJ1100 (as they are nearly thrown away over here I have collected 12 of them within the last 4 years; going to pick 2 more up soon) and some of the FJ1200 from 1988 to 1990 (5 until now and one being still complete, I have to to do the carbs and de-rust the fuel tank but then she should run again. She is in my favourite colour black with golden letters and details.). Additionally I have a few Yamaha Chappy LB 50 2 AM. I am searching for an LB80 also. Then I have not given up on finding a good 1985 Vmax.

Thank you for any help on finding one of these brochures!

Kind regards

Timm
eBay! I found a 1988 Vmax Tee unsold.there are definitely maintenance manuels, brochures, photos, key ring's , videos...

What I am really really missing is one of the first brochures of the Vmax from 1985. I saw some pictures of it and I want it; I must have it.

eBay! I found a 1988 Vmax Tee unsold.there are definitely maintenance manuels, brochures, photos, key ring's , videos...

I am of course quite active regarding ebay. As described above I already have all of the maintenance manuals, a lot of original brochures and some other stuff.

But I am looking for a different source because this first brochure does not really come up on ebay.

What I am really really missing is one of the first brochures of the Vmax from 1985. I saw some pictures of it and I want it; I must have it.

I have a number of 2005 brochures, to go along with my 05, and that is one killer brochure! I also have the full size Gen 2 wall hanger still in the Yama box and never used.

I have a number of 2005 brochures, to go along with my 05, and that is one killer brochure! I also have the full size Gen 2 wall hanger still in the Yama box and never used.
I have an anniversary model, never did get a brochure when I bought it, can you sell me one? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back