WANTED - set of vboost rubber boots

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
OK so I need to replace at least two of my vboost valves' rubber boots, so am looking for a set of four.

Has anyone got those handy and in good shape? For the avoidance of doubt what I'm looking for is arrowed in the pic. If you have 'em pls let me know what you want for them inc. shipping to Freo, Western Australia.

Also would an admin delete my other post asking for the same thing? Something went wrong with it and it won't even open when I try. Cheers.

Attachments

• photo2-1.jpg
    photo2-1.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 34
I would also replace the rubbers of the carb's now you have the carb's removed anyway.
just to be shore all is oke.
Be carefull with removing the inlets to the cylinders. The two of the back cylinders (alenkey bolts)
The bold at the outside are having motor-oil under need and have to be closed of with some oil resistaince silicone at the bold while installing

Greetzzz

Hey Arlon thanks for the advice but I'm struggling a little with understanding it? The carb boots are fine, in fact the carbs are already back on the bike and I've been riding it into the sunset :)

I think you mean that the rear allen bolts if the intakes need sealing with silicone because of oil blowing by? Sean, do you concur?

Left Front and Right Rear bolts are shorter and it's not a bad idea to seal them in place. BUT, most of the time they will seal even without the silicon.

Sean

Kyle to the rescue! I also have been a receipient of his generosity so I am not-surprised by this, a good guy!

Do I actually have to pull the carb rack to replace them, I haven't really looked at them that closely yet, but they are definitely cracked.

Yes the rack must come off (takes 10mns top to take it out though) and then the intakes have to be unbolted too in order to separate the vboost valves from them.

I just got my carbs off and back on in under 1/2 an hour the other day.. faux tank off, left scoop off, three screws for panel behind scoop, two screws for the throttle cables link, loosen the boots and take off the air box, pull off the fuel line from the pump, loosen the carb boots and pull the rack out! Easy :)

Yes the rack must come off (takes 10mns top to take it out though) and then the intakes have to be unbolted too in order to separate the vboost valves from them.

I just got my carbs off and back on in under 1/2 an hour the other day.. faux tank off, left scoop off, three screws for panel behind scoop, two screws for the throttle cables link, loosen the boots and take off the air box, pull off the fuel line from the pump, loosen the carb boots and pull the rack out! Easy :)
Yeah I figured the Carb Rack would have to come off.
I'll be doing that sometime over the winter.

Back