Wanting to lower the vmax 2" are universal 11" shocks out of the question ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CNN SUCKS DONKEY

Reaction score
At 5'7" Id like to lower the bike 2 or so inches. If i must buy the 280$ 11" progresive rear shocks so be it. However a search on the web found me 280mm-11" rear motorcycle shocks for 80 - 100$ a pair....asuming their for a street bike and my bolts fit thru them...Has anyone gone this route or can tell me why this is not a good idea ??? ( nothing against the 280$ progresive rear shocks. Id just like to save a buck if i can / more money to spend on my lowerd front lowerd shocks )

Most of those cheap shocks don't handle the weight of the vmax very well. Its a heavy bike.

Nearly any shock can be made to fit with the right bushings.

There have been a couple posts on here showing how to make lowering links for the rear shocks. Cheap way to lower the bike while keeping your stock shocks.

I'm pretty sure these are what Mike meant. I'd rather see something like these used with stock shocks, rather than cheap E-bay shocks. Sometimes there are used Progressives available cheaper if you look around.

Attachments

• shock brackets-Jeti.jpg
    shock brackets-Jeti.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 41
  • shock bracket 2.jpg
    shock bracket 2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 26
I was looking for a used set of progressive rears on Ebay and found a few good deals but they were all shorter and I wanted standard height, so I know they are out there. IIRC factory is 12" and I think there are a couple HD models that swap over and are closer to 11". The Progressive lowering fork springs are very reasonably priced.

Factory rear shocks= 13". Two inches less for rear shocks will have you grindin v bike parts on cornering.

Back