- Warp12's 1989 V-Max Adventure -

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing day off work. Loading up the V-Max to make a few passes at the dragstrip. My first 1/4 mile passes on anything in about 2 years. Should be fun!!

vmaxbuild172.jpg

max01.jpg

3rd pass, 11.52@120 on a slow 1.92 60'. Easily has 11.30's in it, as-is, but now the fuel pump won't run, lol. After I cool off a bit, I guess I will mess with that. :D

Bike could use all kinds of setup and tuning changes, but it is fun to ride!!

We're back in business! 11.49@121, best mph now at 122, and it is getting hotter outside. Also put about 2.5 gallons of gas in...so it's heavier than before...but hey, this is for fun so I am not going to sweat every pound. Maybe I will get it on the scale later, though. Big smiles here. :)

Well, 11.47 is the best for today! I had a lot of fun, and learned some things about the bike. Nothing broke, and she'll go faster in the future! :)

What a great time today!! From the carbs, to the shaft drive, to the tractor-like shifting, this bike was full of surprises! :biglaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki9XnG-JsFg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUfUod7oaxNABB6ftyMN5Hlw

Two years away from the dragstrip, and this was the most fun I could have had, by far! Totally different from the inline-4 sportbikes I am used to! :)

Plus, boy does that Hindle exhaust sound great compared to those inlines! I saw 122 mph, repeatedly, even without tuning. I'll be interested to see just how much I can pick up when I work with the carbs. I am really happy with 122 mph, especially considering that I weighed about 230 lbs suited today.

So, this Fall I will be looking to improve my times. I didn't want to beat on the bike too hard today, and I limited my passes to 12. :)

Heh heh heh...more fun from today.

vmaxbuild173.jpg

Right now, with the way the carbs are set up, it tends to either a) bog, or b) "not" bog. This was option "B". :biglaugh:

I think some tuning will help!

Wow that was some crowd you had there cheering you on in the bleachers! LOL Was the track even open, or did you sneak in. :)

All kidding aside those are some decent times first time out on the bike. You already topped my best on a Gen 1 and I had flatslide carbs on my bike.

The speed in particular at 122 means you are making some power and also shows that your attention to weight savings is paying off.

Yeah the speeds are definitely good for the times. My last pass was a 10.96 & roughly around the same speeds.

The bike was running at 98-99 mph in the 1/8th, and 121-122 at the 1/4. know from the dyno work that it is really fat in the midrange, and a little lean on top. I am sure that I can improve the performance significantly with carb tuning and intake adjustments.

MIR is a great track, and DA yesterday was not above 2000'. The combined weight was about 810 lbs. I found it hard to get the bike moving, and my best 60' was 1.88. I need some more seat time. I made 12 passes, and those were my first passes on anything in about 2 years.

But my real goal was just to have fun, and that I did! :biglaugh:

Back