- Warp12's 1989 V-Max Adventure -

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the left side of the engine for oil dripping marks (from breather case downwards), if none it may come out from the stator or pickup wire grommets on the cover, can drip from clutch slave or gear shift shaft seal, also check the drain bolt of course.

Check the left side of the engine for oil dripping marks (from breather case downwards), if none it may come out from the stator or pickup wire grommets on the cover, can drip from clutch slave or gear shift shaft seal, also check the drain bolt of course.

Looks to be from above the engine cases...I was hoping it was from the breather hose, but I don't think so now...

Ironically, one of my dad's bike's was coated in oil there too...from a porous casting the block. I don't think that is problem here, however...

Different note...to USD or not to USD....

vmaxbuild140.jpg

Pondering it...have forks and triples....

Hello to all cop baiters (really, I'm trying to keep my license).
Mr new Mr Max rider here. 48 years in the saddle come June .
Me and my new good buddy, Mr Max, went for a spin yesterday to try out the new horn & gel seat and tank up. It was quite nice but extremely chilly here in E. PA. If you're out my way --Montgomery, Bucks and Berks Co.s (MC riding heaven during the day - watch the deer at night)-- Look for the forward controls Max with a Hindle muffler.
Stosh

I may need to have some carbs rebuilt. Who on the site offers this service? Not interested in paying $500....

DANNYMAX does , he is very very reasonable , be prepared for the cost of parts. I just got just about EVERYTHING needed , including new diaphragms retail would have been $1056 , I got them at my sons cost it was still $570.

You may have to suck it up and pay the piper. Do you want to ride or do you want to get so-frustrated, that you sell your bike? Even if you know what you're doing, you may need a helping hand in getting things tuned correctly. Doctors consult one-another, and there's no reason mechanics wouldn't.

Parts aren't cheap. You can have done everything correctly, but you didn't get the diaphragm aligned correctly, or you have trash in the tank, and your correctly-cleaned carbs just get the small orifices plugged again. As was said, you could spend $600 in parts if you had a lot of things wrong w/your carbs, but until you tear them down, you won't know what you have.

If you can't afford the work, maybe this isn't the bike for you. We all like to conserve our $, but if you cannot do the work correctly yourself, you need to pay, and better to pay someone who knows what they're doing, as-opposed to a mechanic who hasn't worked on a VMax in years. :confused2:

I may need to have some carbs rebuilt. Who on the site offers this service? Not interested in paying $500....

You may have to suck it up and pay the piper. Do you want to ride or do you want to get so-frustrated, that you sell your bike? Even if you know what you're doing, you may need a helping hand in getting things tuned correctly. Doctors consult one-another, and there's no reason mechanics wouldn't.

Parts aren't cheap. You can have done everything correctly, but you didn't get the diaphragm aligned correctly, or you have trash in the tank, and your correctly-cleaned carbs just get the small orifices plugged again. As was said, you could spend $600 in parts if you had a lot of things wrong w/your carbs, but until you tear them down, you won't know what you have.

If you can't afford the work, maybe this isn't the bike for you. We all like to conserve our $, but if you cannot do the work correctly yourself, you need to pay, and better to pay someone who knows what they're doing, as-opposed to a mechanic who hasn't worked on a VMax in years. :confused2:

It's not a matter of being able to afford the work. Thanks everyone, for the input!

You are so lucky to find such a clean and uncorroded specimen! VERY Awesome!

Thanks! She was running strong last year with a nice set of carbs I had stored indoors for 10 years. But I let it sit a little too long. Too used to my FI bikes! :biglaugh:

Great post and pic!.......:punk:........I'll always miss my Dad too............:wave bye:..........Tom.

None of the pictures are showing when I view the thread. But, when I click on "edit" they are there. Why is that? Is something broken? I tried in two different browsers. Can anyone else see them?

Last edited:
I JUST MOVED TO CENTRAL VIRGINIA AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND A MECHANIC FOR MY VMAX ?
WHO WOULD YOU GUYS RECOMMEND ?
RICHMOND, LYNCHBURG, STAUTON AREA AND IN-BETWEEN

Latest posts

Back