Was doing burnouts, clutch won’t engage after. Is it’s a burnt clutch or something else?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMaxx612

Reaction score
So I was doing burnouts, noticed that tire stopped spinning and then when I tried to peel out of there bike wouldn’t move. I can shift through all the gears but bike won’t move. Do I just loosen the clutch? Or is it a more severe issue?

Whatever it transpire to be it is at least concerning. It would seem from what you say the link from the engine to the rear wheel has been lost.
Impossible to say where that may be.
I'd start by pulling the boot on the swinging arm back and rotating the rear wheel. If the u/j and output shaft from the middle gear turns then start your investigations at the clutch.

So I was doing burnouts, noticed that tire stopped spinning and then when I tried to peel out of there bike wouldn’t move. I can shift through all the gears but bike won’t move. Do I just loosen the clutch? Or is it a more severe issue?
That is the nastiest thing you can do to MAX, sorta like beating you GF and expecting her to then give you great sex. :(

That is the nastiest thing you can do to MAX, sorta like beating you GF and expecting her to then give you great sex. :(
Um, I'm not so sure about that Ouchez. First off don't knock it til you try it. They are surprisingly satisfying, leading me to; It's not really like "beating your GF and expecting great sex" and more like just Great Sex. Try it and get back to me.

[Fried the clutch="MadMaxx612, post: 520689, member: 60472"]
[/QUOTE]

As a quick ‘left field’ idea, I would pop the clutch slave off and see if it has somehow got stuck.
More likely one of the problems mentioned above, but if somehow the clutch has jammed on, this quick check could save some more detailed fault finding/repair.
Good luck

Um, I'm not so sure about that Ouchez. First off don't knock it til you try it. They are surprisingly satisfying, leading me to; It's not really like "beating your GF and expecting great sex" and more like just Great Sex. Try it and get back to me.
What other reason to have a vmax if not for hole shots and burnouts. Best thing about them. Just know how to do them correctly

I'd think the shaft would be very noisy in gear.
That's what I thought, if the shaft broke any distance from the UJ then it would make one hell of a racket as it bashes the inside of the transmission tube. (is that the correct term?)

Sean has mentioned in the past about using the OEM driveshaft as a 'fuse' of-sorts to hopefully keep from fragging the engine cases. My friend who has built 'power-adder' VMaxes, has also mentioned that. On a 1500+cc NOS bike the owner kept breaking driveshafts until the piece was replaced with one of better alloy, he's been lucky, so-far.

Back