Watch your warranty

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to side with HD on this one. Any sort of modification to a factory bike can cause the manufacturer warranty to be altered or voided. This goes with any product regardless of what you add to it. The guy bitching is an idiot, very patriotic but an idiot nonetheless.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have to side with HD on this one. Any sort of modification to a factory bike can cause the manufacturer warranty to be altered or voided. This goes with any product regardless of what you add to it. The guy bitching is an idiot, very patriotic but an idiot nonetheless.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yeah I agree mods can void warranty but I don't see this causing a trans to go out. I don't think its as much drag as some of the 300 lb women I have seen on the back of bikes.

...........and when their bikes are designed/built to barely make it down the road under their own power, the added drag was bound to cause failure before the warranty expired.

..........yawn...........

I don't think its as much drag as some of the 300 lb women I have seen on the back of bikes.
:rofl_200:

Well if the clutch went first than the trans would easily follow if he kept riding and shifting.

He wants to infer they voided his warranty claim because he was flying the American Flag.....and that's just not true.

Extra drag on the clutch and transmission aside, can you imagine that setup in strong/changing crosswinds? Even naked bikes are unpredictable.
Displaying patriotism is fine, but obviously this man craves attention even more.
With all the miles he logs, you would think he would be tired of being pulled over by LEO, which has gotta happen on a regular basis.
Cheers!

7 flags!? If that picture is recent....one of those flags is huge....the faster he goes the more drag they create. Why am I not surprised he was politician.

Its showing a picture of an old Harley so not sure what his current bike is but the one in the picture was out of warranty a long time ago. Alll in all though I don't think its any more drag than pulling 600 lbs in a trailer around with my 88 Goldwing which I have done several times & is done on a daily basis with a lot of bikes.

Hmmm. Maybe the trans and clutch went out because it's a Harley. I'm sure the drag didn't help it though. Never give any reason for a manufacturer to void a warranty.

Mazda is voiding warranties if you change your own oil and don't keep every receipt for a filter and oil. Even then some have been voided because you used a different weight oil.

Next Harley will say no fat chicks on the back of them Hogs which will absolutely shred them trannies and clutches.

Warranty void,
8WC9ty2.jpg

What if one of those flags came unstapled from its pole and covered a car windshield or a motorcyclist face? That's what I would have been afraid of. That's a law suit waiting to happen, he's been lucky.

I Guess this should be a wake up call for a few people & this should not have been pointed all at bike tires either if you don't think about your life on 2 wheels your probably never think about your car tires they should be checked to.

Latest posts

Back