Wave rotors -front---EBC or Galfer?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What procedure do you all use to remove the button head cap screws that hold the rotors on?
Do I use heat or just be real careful and muscle them out. Hand impact? What is the best way?
Thank you in advance.
I almost always use a hand impact driver. I have been doing them In Dealers and home for years and in my opinion this seems to be the most effective.

" Makes me wonder: if you hit the brakes do they just explode? "--EXACTLY my worries as well.

SAME concerns with the Chinese Master cylinders--will they WORK when called upon to make you stop??

I am happily operating now in year five using a Chinese front brake master cylinder for my GL1000.

No issues, but they did curiously supply a rebuild kit with the unit. I believe I have now lost it, but that might have been a bit conservative on their part.

I am happily operating now in year five using a Chinese front brake master cylinder for my GL1000.

No issues, but they did curiously supply a rebuild kit with the unit. I believe I have now lost it, but that might have been a bit conservative on their part.
Picture or you don't have it... :)
I had 78.

You calling me a liar, Jack?
Nice!!!!
3 gauges on fuel tank, I think were on 78-up. Earlier models didn't have them, red one is older. Did you change timing belts? some Deico(?) belts fit, very cheap. I had to make tensioner, they are not for sale. I don't remember which year belts I replaced

Faux tank gauges were in 78 and 79 only. I change timing belts every two or three years. A commonly found belt is from Gates. I don't remember the number right off the top of my head. They are cheap enough and the carnage that can occur if one snaps is worth the insurance.

That's my buddies 77 in the background. Those auxiliary tanks he's wearing I found and had intended them for mine. In the end, they didn't really fit the style of mine, but they sure did on his. I made him pay dearly for them because they are quite rare and desirable!

Faux tank gauges were in 78 and 79 only. I change timing belts every two or three years. A commonly found belt is from Gates. I don't remember the number right off the top of my head. They are cheap enough and the carnage that can occur if one snaps is worth the insurance.

That's my buddies 77 in the background. Those auxiliary tanks he's wearing I found and had intended them for mine. In the end, they didn't really fit the style of mine, but they sure did on his. I made him pay dearly for them because they are quite rare and desirable!
Is this silver thing in front of saddle bag really extra fuel tank? I had no idea.

Latest posts

Back