Quantcast

We have a sticker for the forum being designed! What do you think?

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Pighuntingpuppy

Reaction score
I like the tuning fork idea. Might wanna be carful though. I got a limited edition skull cap with the tuning fork embroidered and I think Yamaha sent a cease and desist. I mean, I know what it is but there might be enough covered by the bike for them to not make a big deal about it.
Uh oh.....I wonder if Yamaha will send me an order to chop off my arm since I have their tuning forks tatted on it, LOL.

Parminio

Reaction score
The reason I asked if this was going to be a bumper sticker is two fold:

The typical bumper sticker is 10 inches long by 3 inches high and has no graphics whatsoever. The reason for that is that bumper stickers are designed to be read from between 10 and 20 feet away. The vast majority of the time, you only actually see bumper stickers in stop and go traffic. Graphics tend to take up so much room and from that distance can't be made out anyway, so they generally render the sticker useless as far as traffic viewing goes. The only way you'll ever actually make out what it is is if you see it in a parking lot right up close.

The other main reason is that using the likeness of the bike in public can bring you copyright trouble, especially if you sell the stickers rather than simply give them out. Giving them out is free publicity for Yamaha, so they typically wouldn't care. If you're selling them, you're literally making money off of Yamaha's patented and copyrighted materials.

That's why most bumper stickers you see are just large, simple text:

SHIT HAPPENS
BIDEN - HARRIS
EAT AT JOE'S

Etc.

Screwloose

Reaction score
I have a new version after some of your comments were sent to the artist. He did change from 2 to one VMAX. Please let me know what you think.
And Usually these are about 4 or 5 inches across with appropriate height ratio. I have gone as wide as 9 inches. Where would you use them most, and what would be the most useful width?

View attachment 72820
Love them. Can’t get everything in!
9” for the van window, and also on shed where Trigger lives. Can’t think personally where I would use a 5” one.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm planning on only one version at this time..

Wirenut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about the tuning forks watermark, there's so-little of it, only someone familiar with the company logo and the history of Yamaha as a manufacturer of fine musical instruments would recognize it.
Every time I wore that hat out in public there would always be someone asking me if I played piano....

Let’s get everyone on board! KEEP THE VMAX GREAT! 😂🤣😂

El Canadiense

Reaction score
I have a new version after some of your comments were sent to the artist. He did change from 2 to one VMAX. Please let me know what you think.
And Usually these are about 4 or 5 inches across with appropriate height ratio. I have gone as wide as 9 inches. Where would you use them most, and what would be the most useful width?

View attachment 72820
Love the individual 1st Gen/2nd Gen decals/patches . Various sizes would be great and also for a big backpatch.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I've asked for one more change which is mostly the oval bottom version from the first post with some word placement and sizing from the one bike version.
And a bit of a lighter red in the back ground.
Hopefully I'll have it for you tomorrow.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
VMAX-6-IN 3rd try 9-11-20.png

This one is the bottom first one with the red lighter and the words showing and are better balanced in the black. And you can see the one in the center coming at you.

This seemed very popular the first day but needed those changes.

Shall we use this one? About 5 or 6 inches across? It's not suppose to be a car bumper sticker.

Fire-medic

Reaction score
View attachment 72833

This one is the bottom first one with the red lighter and the words showing and are better balanced in the black. And you can see the one in the center coming at you.

This seemed very popular the first day but needed those changes.

Shall we use this one? About 5 or 6 inches across? It's not suppose to be a car bumper sticker.
I like the thin outer white band. The graphics are more-distinct. The lighter hue of the red background makes the watermark bike head-on stand-out a bit-more, I think that's an improvement. The larger blocky font on-top is much-easier to read, and the lower web address is more-distinct.

At the resolution I have on my computer, the emblem as-shown is ~8-1/2" wide X 4" high. At a nominal 6 inches, that would be about 3/4 size of what I see. I think that is a decent size.

Traumahawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that works. Its a good size sticker without being too big.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Here is the proof. The lines around it are where they are cutting it.

1600119650871.png

6 inches by 3.08 inches Usually I'll have it by end of week when approved on Monday.

Latest posts