Web cams

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
My cams came today.Thank God! Everything is here now to put the bike back together and get it to a dyno in a few weeks.I'm taking friday off.Can't wait.I also want to thank Rod @ Pro Chassie Racing for letting me work in his shop and for all the help.Can't wait to run the heads he ported too!

My cams came today.Thank God! Everything is here now to put the bike back together and get it to a dyno in a few weeks.I'm taking friday off.Can't wait.I also want to thank Rod @ Pro Chassie Racing for letting me work in his shop and for all the help.Can't wait to run the heads he ported too!

Is Megacycle the only ones that make cams for the Vmax or are the cams that people (pcw, etc ) are selling coming from other vendors?

Other question I wonder is how effective the hottest cam they sell that does' not require a shim UNDER bucket arrangement is in waking up an otherwise internally stock motor?

Depending on how effective they are that could be the most bang for the buck out there, I know it's pretty much that way on cars.

Can't wait to hear some Dyno numbers...

Rusty,Mega cycle does make PCW's cams.Mine are web cams.Biggest without shim under bucket.I went with Web because I like how my honda runs with them.Larry Mcbride runs them. www.larrymcbride.com .383 lift.

I run the webcams in my turbo eclipse and love them. Didn't know he was making cams for the Max, I'll have to check into them.

I started my bike up last night.Talk about a BADASS sounding bike.And I thought it sounded good with the HMF"s and stage 7.It is totally different now.

Rod Did an excellant job with the porting and the cams.Its still snow and cold here.We'll be heading to the dyno soon.When we fired it up All I could say is HOLY F**K!

I started my bike up last night.Talk about a BADASS sounding bike.And I thought it sounded good with the HMF"s and stage 7.It is totally different now.

Rod Did an excellant job with the porting and the cams.Its still snow and cold here.We'll be heading to the dyno soon.When we fired it up All I could say is HOLY F**K!

Do the cams lope more noticeably?

It doesn't seem to lope any more.You can almost hear every cylinder lighting.It reminds me of when they start up a funny car at the strip.

I finally rode and dialed the jetting in last night.Wow,She never smoked the radial that easy before,Feels like running a bias tire again.Pulls like a raped ape now.I started with DJ 175 mains and it was too lean.I ended up with 170 mikuni mains and the plugs look perfect.The magura quick throttle works perfect.I was worried it would not be streetable.I went from running 152.5 mains to 170's.It definately runs impressively now! Next stop is the dyno then off to a track.

Ok,I finally got to the dyno Saturday.It turned out I was a little rich and it only dynoed 127 hp.I am pretty confident that it is running out of carb.Needs more air and fuel.I did lower the mains and got it mixing good.It has 160 mikuni's now.I need to get on the ball and get these flatslides on there and dyno it again.The never ending project continues!

Probably not all too bad Shawn. Probably get into the low 130's with it tuned in and maybe high 130's low 140's with the flats. By the way, give me a call about the flats I have. I have them out and ready to pack up and send you but have a request or two while you have them.

Sean Morley

Latest posts

Back