Weight of parts/pieces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
It would be great if anyone knew the actual weight of some common parts and compiled them for a reference.

For instance, everyone says you lose a ton of weight removing the stock exhaust. Anyone know how much it actually weighs?

Stock wheels in full trim?

Inner fender and tail light

PER Hubeerjw:
85 Frame (bare) - 42lbs
Early model front rotor - 3lbs 4oz
2 front rotors w/bolts - 6lbs 14oz
85 Front wheel with a Bridgestone 110/90 18 wheel - 23lbs 15oz
85 Rear wheel with Dunlop 150/90 15 and rotor - 39lbs 12oz
Late model rear wheel with rotor and Firestone 6/26 15 drag slick - 39lbs 15oz
Late Model front wheel with a Dunlop tire - 27lbs 2.4 oz

Per green light blitz
rear fender with metal undertail still in, tail light and blinkers= 13lb

Per 2fear
A complete stock exhaust with all the part and pieces weighs in around 45 LBS

Thanks for the input guys. Anything other input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
It would be great if anyone knew the actual weight of some common parts and compiled them for a reference.

For instance, everyone says you lose a ton of weight removing the stock exhaust. Anyone know how much it actually weighs?

Stock wheels in full trim?

Inner fender and tail light
Just weighed an extra pair of stock exhaust with a bathroom scale.I got 30lbs with out the header's.That sound about right:ummm: And a centerstand 5lbs

A complete stock exhaust with all the part and pieces weighs in around 45 LBS, I just sold and shipped one this past winter. The modified box I made with packing material was an additional 15 pounds or so, my total weight was 59 LBS.

If you are going to do this you need all the numbers in the first post.

This is a great idea. I'll have to look and see what parts weigh that I've eliminated. For now, I'm bouncing this thread to keep it active...

Latest posts

Back