Weight savings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's typical. If you're wrong and can't win the argument, you attack the guy that's right.

Boys will be boys.

Well, that's typical. If you're wrong and can't win the argument, you attack the guy that's right.

Boys will be boys.

I don't recall attacking anybody. Nor do I recall participating in the... argument.

If I am guilty of attacking anyone, (if it could be called that), it would be the guy who continues to act like a mammalian protuberance. Now, there's an argument that I'm pretty sure I can win here - not that I give a rat's ass about winning or losing anything on an internet forum. Nothing to proved, I just come here for the camaraderie. But you have a knack for sucking it right out of a topic.

OK, this was just a simple weight savings "POST". Regardless of were you stand the Battery IS a good area that can save weight !!! 10lbs or 5lbs

I don't recall attacking anybody.
You have a very selective memory.

Why do you always feel the need to be a dick?
Like almost always, you did it like a dick.
Once again, Parmesan has injected his political slant into the discussion.
Stop being a dick.
You know it's people like you why I don't say much on a forum.
I don't know if your married or not but if you are I feel VERY SORRY FOR YOUR WIFE.

But do keep on posting and keeping this quality thread of insults alive.

Too bad the discussion couldn't have been held directly - over beer and pizza.
For what it is worth I think that statement is absolutely correct. There is a very good chance if this was discussed in a pub with pizza and good strong German beer flowing, everyone would come out happily wellied and looking forward to the next meeting.
🥾 🍻

I don’t know what “wellied” means, but it must be good if it is associated with beer.

==============================================================

…and I would like to go on record here as apologizing to Parminio and the forum for allowing myself to be drawn into this. We have spent four pages discussing what amounts to a largely trivial matter. At the end of the day the Vmax is a heavy locomotive and needs good brakes. I am glad I upgraded to the Hayabusa six pot calipers!

Just a short story, nothing more.

Many years ago I argued (on the email system) constantly for months with a French guy that was supplying the company I was working for with engineering equipment. I was pushing to have him removed. Later on that year he came to visit and we got on brilliant, in-fact we have been personal friends now for many years and we always visit him and his wife in Nantes when we go through there. It certainly taught me the difference about actually meeting people and typing on the internet.

I still like entertainment though, and thought it was a good read. 😂

If you say to someone here do you want to go and get wellied, it means social level drinking is abandoned for the day, and help may be needed to get home. 🍻🥾😂😂

…and I would like to go on record here as apologizing to Parminio and the forum for allowing myself to be drawn into this. We have spent four pages discussing what amounts to a largely trivial matter.

Wellied -getting someqhat merry of alcoholic beverages a.k.a.
  • Tanked
  • Wasted
  • Plastered
  • Canned
  • Juiced-up
  • Fried
  • Sloshed
  • Loaded
  • Trousered
  • Jarred
  • zonked
  • Bladdered
  • Three sheets to the wind
  • Pie-eyed
  • Cockeyed
  • Wazzocked
  • Off one's face
  • Oiled
  • Rat-Arsed
  • Embalmed
  • Blasted
  • Trollied
  • Out of your tree
  • Skunked
  • Plastered
  • Sozzled
  • Blotto
  • Legless
  • Steamed
  • Toasted
  • Pissed or pished
  • Buzzed
  • Sloshed
  • Wrecked
  • Basted (high and drunk at the same time)
  • Hammered
  • Wasted

T name but a few....

…and I would like to go on record here as apologizing to Parminio and the forum for allowing myself to be drawn into this. We have spent four pages discussing what amounts to a largely trivial matter.

Been there and done that and IMO you have nothing to appologise for
It's a shame the main protagonist can't echoed your sentiments

Wellied -getting someqhat merry of alcoholic beverages
I see you are well versed in the subject 😂 🍺 🍻 🍷 . And ‘T name but a few’ maybe gives away a bit of your heritage.

Anyway talking about weight savings as per heading; I’m on day 6 of a cabbage 🥬 soup diet (no alcohol either) and lost half a stone so far, I’m beginning to see the tips of my toes. I’m shooting for 14 days total, where hopefully I’ll see the tip of something else I’ve not seen for a while. I’m hoping it will be 2 stones total loss on sprung weight. Thats ‘about’ 2 batteries (carefully worded). I’m bloody starving just now! 😭 But the total bike and rider weight will be allot less.

Its a money saving idea! 💰

Last edited:
Have you been able to harvest the 'side' effects to reduce your heating costs? 😖
Very witty even for a ‘canny’ Scot. 😂

But actually yes, although I don’t want to give my creative ideas away for free. 💴 Every energy cell is a prisoner. 💰

Wellied -getting someqhat merry of alcoholic beverages a.k.a.
  • Tanked
  • Wasted
  • Plastered
  • Canned
  • Juiced-up
  • Fried
  • Sloshed
  • Loaded
  • Trousered
  • Jarred
  • zonked
  • Bladdered
  • Three sheets to the wind
  • Pie-eyed
  • Cockeyed
  • Wazzocked
  • Off one's face
  • Oiled
  • Rat-Arsed
  • Embalmed
  • Blasted
  • Trollied
  • Out of your tree
  • Skunked
  • Plastered
  • Sozzled
  • Blotto
  • Legless
  • Steamed
  • Toasted
  • Pissed or pished
  • Buzzed
  • Sloshed
  • Wrecked
  • Basted (high and drunk at the same time)
  • Hammered
  • Wasted

T name but a few....

Been there and done that and IMO you have nothing to appologise for
It's a shame the main protagonist can't echoed your sentiments
Wow. Now THAT is an extensive list.

Last edited:
I laughed out loud at "legless".

But whatever happened to good old-fashioned "drunk"?
Thats too plain a word, we like to jazz things up a bit. I’ve not heard drunk for about 30 years here 😂 Pished is also common. Although we talk basically the English language, we have many words and phrases that you only hear in Scotland, Glasgow also has it’s own accent that is even different from towns around us.

Tell me about it. I worked with a mid-level executive a few years back from somewhere near Glasgow and his his accent was so pronounced I swear I could barely understand him. Not only was the accent there to contend with, but he spoke so fast it compounded the problem. I spent much of my time asking him to repeat what he’d just said. He always good-naturedly obliged.

But, to continue the “wellied” topic, anyone ever been so pished that they forgot to put a foot down at a stoplight? Obvious disclaimer here: never drink and ride. But let’s just say these sorts of things come to mind three or four decades hence…0

Latest posts

Back