Weight savings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... Although we talk basically the English language, we have many words and phrases that you only hear in Scotland, Glasgow also has it’s own accent that is even different from towns around us...

I spent 3 months in Scotland as part of a joint military operation. They put me up at a hotel in Lossiemouth, but first I had to rent a car in Inverness (and learn to drive on the left). Took me a bit to understand the dialect I heard in Inverness, but it was not bad. Once I got into Elgin and Lossiemouth, the accent was quite different and it took several days to get the hang of it. When the rest of the team showed up two weeks later, we headed for a bar in Lossiemouth and I had to act as interpreter when one of the locals offered to buy a drink for one of our guys.

Tell me about it. I worked with a mid-level executive a few years back from somewhere near Glasgow and his his accent was so pronounced I swear I could barely understand him. Not only was the accent there to contend with, but he spoke so fast it compounded the problem. I spent much of my time asking him to repeat what he’d just said. He always good-naturedly obliged.

But, to continue the “wellied” topic, anyone ever been so pished that they forgot to put a foot down at a stoplight? Obvious disclaimer here: never drink and ride. But let’s just say these sorts of things come to mind three or four decades hence…0
I’ve had many people after meetings saying to me they had no fu-@&£g idea what I was saying lol. I’ve tried speaking slowly with a posh accent, but that apparently makes it worse!

Forgetting to put your foot down, then you were officially ‘pished’ lol. I had a mate that done that and the police put him and his bike in the back of their van, gave him a severe talking to and parked his bike up. That was the last he heard of it, it was 40 years ago lol.

Add caraway seeds to the soup to reduce flatulence.
...or if you wan't to maximise production have a Guinness as well. :eek:

Although we talk basically the English language, we have many words and phrases that you only hear in Scotland, Glasgow also has it’s own accent that is even different from towns around us.

That is true for much of the UK and the rest of the world. I used to visit many parts of northern UK and the only two areas I occasionally had some difficulty in understanding was Ayrshire and the North East.
When we moved to Cumbria they too used terms unfamiliar to us Suvverers and a Cumbrian to English dictionary was purchased - I jest not.

...or if you want to maximise production have a Guinness as well. :eek:
I don’t think it’s coincidence that just a few days ago I was speaking to an advisor on govt funding for eco projects 😂 A massive untapped resource that Guinness is, I’m going to suggest it at our next meet-up for a laugh.

I’m on day 7 of the 🥬 diet, nearly starving to death, and feel the end is near ⚰️. But feeling skinnier by the minute. I think I’ve lost 11/14 ths of a Vmax battery 🔋

Latest posts

Back