Weird Pricing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racerboy

Reaction score
On Amazon, there are these rear shocks : 340mm RFI air shocks which supposedly fits the Vmax. Well, its not so much that they are piggy backs, they look cool, there are a few of these shocks in different colors etc, but the price! I got ahold of these sellers, and they say the price is correct. We're talking about a pair of shocks for less than a $100! Is this for real? The shocks look like good sets, very similar to the Kawasaki brands, ZRX 1200 Kayaba versions. Then on the same token you have Progressive shocks well over $250!

Attachments

• 340mm.jpg
    340mm.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
There have been shocks like that on ebay, and upon further checking, they were weight rated for scooters. The shocks that your looking at, I wonder what they are rated for?

Yeah, we've see a few guys on here say they tried tried those cheap RFY piggy back Ebay shocks on a Vmax and they all said they suck and only lasted a season or two.
They are designed for much smaller motorcycles/scooters and snowmobiles.
They are Not designed to be used on a Vmax 1200 motorcycle.

I'm thinking the same thing, phooey on them! I like the piggy back setup like on the ZRX kawai but for a set of those, its $650!

Latest posts

Back