Well Crap... ran like it

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max1139

Reaction score
So hopped on the bike to go look at some property, cranked fine, let idle whilst putting on mp3 buds, helmet etc... (about 5 min), ran good out of the neighborhood. Got to the first light (bout a 1/2 mile out) and seemed sluggish, almost died when taking off, hmmm,....
pounded on it first chance I got ...
crap until about 6k, then a decent bump, but not the normal
did what I needed to do, felt stupid because I don't think I could've outrun a 500 at that time.
went and hit a parts store, dumped a can of sea foam in a full tank (had 11 miles on it) parts guy says "yea, can't hardly keeep this on the shelf since they started this ethanol gas crap, ethanol holds moisture in the gas"
let idle whilst mp3 etc..
ran better, got close to house and jumped on it, front end lifted and I shut it back down.
parked in garage, and it started sputtering again.
thinking bad gas...
any other solutions?:ummm:
ok, with cheap fixes....
and yes, when I felt it running bad I shut the music off and listened.

Ethinol, Yes, Crap. I found a place to buy Non Ethinol. Problem solved for now. If you have gunk in the carbs that broke loose because of the ethinol
it's a PITA to get past.

Much Luck to you,

check the fuel filter and see what the gas might have broken loose in the tank, too...

Latest posts

Back