Well guys, it finally happened

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRL0215

Reaction score
I traded in my vmax

Well I finally traded in the Vmax for a new bike. I loved the Max but Ive been itching for a true sportbike. Ive never owned one really (the Katana is a tourer) Ive been lusting over R6's for years and I just want something that is light and nimble. This should do the trick. Im over the power thing!

Its a 2001 with 10K miles. Its the cleanest used bike I have ever seen...there are no scratches, nothing as far as blemishes. The only thing I dont like is the can.

Im picking it up later this week. I cant wait to readjust to this style of riding. Too bad the season is almost over!

R6.jpeg

I probably wont be coming around here too much anymore becuase I dont have a max and wont have much relavent info to share. Buster...perhaps you should demoderator me and give it to someone who can spend more time on this lists.

This site is a great service and I wish it all the luck in the world. Now I have to sit back and wait and see what happens with the new max

Ken, great looking bike! Have fun and I wish you the best! Ride safe,

Congrats on the bike! I've been wanting a sportbike or naked myself for a long time, but am not willing to trade the Max in considering it's not really worth that much in the grand scheme of things but would be hard to replace.

That R6 is one sweet looking bike and I wish you luck.

Keep at least one wheel one tha ground and be safe!

when I started to contemplate 100hp and 365 pounds the deal was done.....well that and I asked my wife if it was ok!

Nice bike Ken! Ugly can. I get the feeling we will be changing that over the winter.:eusa_dance:

not unless you are planning on buying me a xmas gift, lol. I was thining maybe cut it down a few inches then recap it. I have no idea how but Im sure you do

KRL0215 said:
I traded in my vmax

Well I finally traded in the Vmax for a new bike. I loved the Max but Ive been itching for a true sportbike. Ive never owned one really (the Katana is a tourer) Ive been lusting over R6's for years and I just want something that is light and nimble. This should do the trick. Im over the power thing!

Its a 2001 with 10K miles. Its the cleanest used bike I have ever seen...there are no scratches, nothing as far as blemishes. The only thing I dont like is the can.

Im picking it up later this week. I cant wait to readjust to this style of riding. Too bad the season is almost over!

I probably wont be coming around here too much anymore becuase I dont have a max and wont have much relavent info to share. Buster...perhaps you should demoderator me and give it to someone who can spend more time on this lists.

This site is a great service and I wish it all the luck in the world. Now I have to sit back and wait and see what happens with the new max

Ken, sorry to see you go! Thanks for moderating while you were here. The Yamaha R series SS bikes are nice, just make sure it has a steering damper. People complain about headshake on the VMax, but I have either owned or ridden all the R series bikes and they can do some violent tank slappers! I'm hoping to do the same too, pick up a SS bike, but I will be keeping the VMax. Ride safe!! :D :cheers00:

Yes, it looks like a sweet ride (on one wheel). I also wouldn't mind one like that...but when I bought my max I swore I'd never sell it. It took me the better of 10 years to get it. Never seemed to be the right time. I'm sure you will miss the Vmax. You never know, maybe you'll come across another one after a couple of years. Sorry to see you go. Good luck and ride safe bud.

Latest posts

Back