Well I did it..... Hayabusa

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Last night I did it.....

I traded one of my Vmax's for a 1999 Hayabusa. It needs cosmetic work as it was a stolen recovery. They had all the body off of it and where painting it when they got caught.

Seems to run good. Kid that owned it tried to bull shit me and tell me it had a 1340 motor in it. But its all stock. Motor has never been out. All the emissions bull is still attached etc. Bolts are crusty looking. So its not a beauty queen , but will be my heavy drag light street bike.

I am thinking of doing a turbo on it and stretched swingarm as a start. But for now it will be getting it safe and looking better.

This should be my solid 9.90 bike. If I can get a few things together before the track closes , I might try and make a pass on it. But I HIGHLY doubt that will happen.

Runs good , all the wiring is there nothing is chopped up or damaged electrical wise. I need fairings and brackets, headlight and turnsignals etc. I have front fairings I am picking up tonight, nothing nice, but something to atleast put on the bike for now. I can't stand looking at it naked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg3MOu_UAIA&feature=youtu.be

I'd inspect the clutch and you'll need a swingman if you wanna launch it pretty hard... Obviously an air shifter is always a good idea but turbos are big money and if your gonna go that way your way better off to buy someone else's project that they gave up on... Personally I'd spray the hell out of it once you get it dialed in on the motor

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

If you turbo it a word of caution is to change the rev limit feature. The oem limiter cuts fuel and you'll instantly go lean and melt the engine down. A close friend found that out the hard way. We can probably help you when the time comes. It's still not a cheap way to go but you'll go faster for less money for sure.

Now we know where you disappeared toooooo... :rofl_200:Get my OLD PM?????:ummm:

If you run more than 7lbs. of boost you'd better consider a set of pistons,carrilo rods head studs et,c. A buddy of mine built his turbo busa @ 2 years ago. He runs about 20 lbs of boost, with ALL the goodies int the motor, stretched, slammed, on fuel(117) et,c. The bike cost him around $26,000 to build and it still runs strong. Gets torn down every winter and runs 7.80 @ 200 (at Lebanon Valley NY) every time. It's street driven to cruise nights and shit like that on low boost. Gonna see if I can find a vid of it right now

20121119_132308.jpg

The image he sent me.....

How it looks tonight after I picked up some used panels to cover her up a little.

Busawithusedpanelspart2.jpg

I have a few more things on order for it. I ll try and keep a log of pictures as I go.

Now the fun part is going to find bolts to fit everything together.

Todd

Todd, you crack me up man! Hey, look what I got, roll it out and smoke the tire lol! Looking forward to the progress, enjoy, you f-ing hooligan!

Nice score Todd!........Hopefully this will feed your 9sec need......:punk:......Be carefull not to let your Max feel neglected................Tom.

Todd, you crack me up man! Hey, look what I got, roll it out and smoke the tire lol! Looking forward to the progress, enjoy, you f-ing hooligan!

Thats the first thing I did when I started the bike in front of the guy. I laid a 25 footer with it lol.

I came back around and said " You know that is what the bike was made for...." he agreed.

Lots of parts for it. But little time to do anything. So I have a pile of stuff sitting there. The shop has been really busy, I just hope I have some time this winter to put it together.

I ll post video of my first 9 second run and my first attempt at 200 mph on it.

Todd

Latest posts

Back