well, it is a Yamaha, sorta...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this on another site as an ebay item, supposedly the guy had a $60K(!!!) 'buy it now' price on it. You have to read the ad copy, this guy is probably under prosecution for 'lack of truth in advertising,' 'gross misuse of hyperbole,' or 'most bastardized Yamaha.' Anyway, it's pretty-funny.

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER RIDING THIS CHOPPER IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER RIDER.....I'M SERIOUS. THIS BIKE IS FOR ADVANCED, EXPERIENCED, LEVEL HEADED RIDERS WHO KNOW HOW TO RIDE. IF THIS STATEMENT SCARES YOU, FIND ANOTHER BIKE! NO QUESTIONS ASKED. IF AN ANGEL CAME TO EARTH DISGUISED AS A MOTORCYCLE THIS WOULD BE HER. IF YOUR GRANDPA TOOK NOTES FOR 100 YEARS THEN TOOK A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE AND BUILT A BIKE, THIS WOULD BE IT.

DO NOT RIDE THIS BIKE IF YOU DON'T LIKE ATTENTION. YOU WILL BE STARED AT EVERY TIME YOU STOP AT AN INTERSECTION. YOU WILL BE WAVED TO BY EVERY CAR YOU PASS ON THE FREEWAY. YOU WILL BE FOLLOWED AND ASKED QUESTIONS. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO WORK YOUR WAY THROUGH A SMALL CROWD TO GET TO YOUR BIKE AT EVERY BAR YOU'VE STOPPED AT. YOU WILL BE RESPECTED IN ANY CROWD, CHOPPERS, CROTCH ROCKETS, GARAGE BIKES, SCOOTERS AND ESPECIALLY LITTLE KIDS YOU PASS ON THE STREET WHO DREAM OF RIDING ONE DAY AND POINT AND YELL WHEN THEY SEE YOU ON YOUR BIKE AND WHEN YOU WAVE BACK SMILE THE BIGGEST GRINS YOU'VE EVER SEEN. THIS BIKE IS OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD. YOU'RE NEIGHBORS WILL HATE YOU.

EVERY TIME YOU START THIS BIKE IT WILL PUT A BIGGER GRIN ON YOUR FACE THAN YOU HAVE EVER HAD. YOU WILL RIDE UP A CANYON ALONE ON A COOL SUNDAY MORNING AND YOU WILL CRY. YOU WILL RIDE IN A GROUP OF RIDERS AND YOU WILL CRY. EVERYONE WILL THINK IT IS FROM THE WIND BUT YOU AND I WILL KNOW THE TRUTH. EVERY TIME YOU RIDE THIS BIKE YOU WILL FEEL EXACTLY LIKE THE MOMENT YOU TOOK THE TRAINING WHEELS OFF YOUR BIKE AND....RODE. THIS BIKE WILL BEAT YOU. IT WILL TAME AND HUMBLE YOUR COCKY, IGNORANT, SELFISH ATTITUDE AND RESURRECT YOU AS A DECENT HUMAN BEING.

THIS BIKE WILL BRING YOU FEELINGS OF LONELINESS DEEPER THAN YOU HAVE EVER FELT. THIS BIKE WILL BRING YOU FEELINGS OF PURPOSE GREATER THAN YOU HAVE EVER FELT. YOU WILL HATE THIS BIKE, YOU WILL ALWAYS LOVE IT. YOU WILL NEVER FORGET MOMENTS SPENT ON IT.

THIS BIKES BONES ARE A PAINTED RED AND CHOPPED SUZUKI FRAME. I DID NOT BUILD IT BUT HOPE TO ONE DAY FIND AND THANK THE TALENTED HAND OF A GOD THAT DID AND ONLY HOPE THAT SOMEWHERE THAT CRAFTSMAN HAS FOOD ON HIS TABLE AND IS GETTING THE RESPECT HE DESERVES. HER HEART IS A 1978 YAMAHA 750 THAT HAS BEEN REBUILT MORE THAN ONCE. THE STARTER IS A BOLT OF LIGHTNING THROWN BY ZEUS. THERES A KICK START TOO. THE TANK GETS ABOUT AN HOUR OF RIDIN THEN ITS TIME FOR A FILL UP. YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO LEARN THE BOUNDARIES SO IF YOU GO ON A LONGER RIDE YOU'LL REMEMBER TO CARRY AN EXTRA GALLON OR TWO ALONG. THE HEADLIGHT IS BRIGHT AND LIGHTS UP THE 3 A.M. ROAD LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN FLYIN DOWN THE TRACKS. THE RUBBER'S GOOD BUT LIKE ALL GIRLS SHE WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY ABOUT SOME NEW SHOES. THE BRAKES ARE FINE. THERES SOME MINI CABLES IN THE BAG AND A CHARGING PORT FOR THE BATTERY SO WHEN YOU FORGET ABOUT THE GPS AND LEAVE IT ON YOU CAN JUMP OFF ANOTHER BIKE OR CHARGE IT OFF A CAR FOR A BIT, I'VE DONE BOTH AND IT WORKS FINE. DETACHABLE GARMIN QUEST GPS GIVES YOU YOUR SPEED AND MAPS TOO AND CHARGES WHILE RIDING AND SOMETIMES WORKS GREAT AND SOMETIMES LIKES TO POWER ITSELF OFF. I'VE SEEN SEATS THAT LOOK LIKE THIS AND FEEL LIKE THE WEIGHT OF THE ENTIRE WORLD IS PUSHING DOWN ON YOU BUT FOR SOME REASON THIS ONE IS COMFORTABLE, PROBABLY BECAUSE THE SMART DUDE WHO BUILT HER USED SOME HI-TEC FOAM INSTEAD OF THE USUAL CHEAP STUFF. SHE LOVES AND NEEDS A LOT OF THROTTLE ALL THE TIME, IN BETWEEN SHIFTS, SITTING AT A STOP LIGHT, LEAVING THE GAS STATION, LEAVING A STOP LIGHT, SLOWING DOWN THEN TURNING, COMING OFF THE FREEWAY, YOU ARE ALWAYS ROARING UP AND DOWN ON THE THROTTLE. IF SHE DOES CUT OUT AFTER YOU STOP, A LIGHT TOUCH TO THE STARTER BUTTON AND A TWIST OF THE THROTTLE ROARS HER RIGHT BACK, BUT THAT'S NO SURPRISE TO ANY ONE WHO KNOWS HOW GOOD OLD MOTORCYCLE ENGINES RUN. YOU'LL ALSO NOTICE THE EXHAUST WHICH COULD BENEFIT FROM AN UPDATED BLACK POWDER COAT...OR NOT, YOU DECIDE. YOU'LL WONDER IF THE EXHAUST GETS YOUR FOOT HOT, IT DOESN'T. YOU'LL NOTICE THE EXHAUST WILL RUB IF YOU TURN TOO SHARP OR RIDE LIKE A DIPSH*T. HER HEART IS STRONG BUT SHE WOULD REALLY LIKE A NEW ONE SOME DAY. YOU KNOW SHES' A 750 AND THE SHAFT DRIVE MAKES HER ROCKET OFF THE LINE OR GET YOU UP TO ABOUT 85 MPH WHEN YOU NEED HER TO BUT MOST THE TIME CRUISIN YOU'LL FIND YOURSELF IN THE FAR RIGHT HAND LANE GOING ABOUT 60 AND LETTING EVERYONE ELSE PASS YOU BY...IT JUST HAPPENS. SHE HAS ONE MIRROR TO REMIND YOU OF WHATS BEHIND BUT YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO LOOK BACK. MILEAGE IS UNKNOWN. TITLED IN 2006. WHEEL BASE IS 69 INCHES. FRIENDS FROM 5'5" TO 6'5" HAVE RIDDEN AND BEEN COMFORTABLE.

THIS ISN'T THE FIRST BIKE I'VE HAD AND HOPEFULLY WON'T BE MY LAST. MAYBE NOW'S A GOOD TIME FOR A NEW OWNER, MAYBE I'VE STILL GOT MORE TO LEARN... IF ALL THIS SEEMS LIKE IT MAKES A LITTLE SENSE TO YOU THEN CONGRATULATIONS, SEND ME AN EMAIL, MAYBE WE CAN FIGURE A PRICE OUT AND THEN YOU CAN SEND IT IN AS A "MAKE OFFER" AND I'LL ACCEPT IT TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL. I'LL TRY TO KEEP ANYONE WATCHING THE SALE OR OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES UP TO DATE....PS. DEAR IGNORANT DUSCHEBAGS WHO KEEP SENDING ME EMAILS TELLING ME HOW STUPID I AM...I'M NOT TRYING TO SELL THIS BIKE, BY KEEPING THE BUY IT NOW PRICE UP, THE AD STAYS ON EBAY A LONG TIME. I'VE GOT TONS OF EMAILS FROM RIDERS WHO WANT THIS BIKE. I'M CONSIDERING OFFERS. YES I HAVE MY PRICE AND YES IT IS BELOW WHATEVER THE "BUY IT NOW" PRICE MAY SAY. NOTICE THE 21 DAY AUCTION...AND AFTER THIS ONE THERE WILL PROBABLY BE ANOTHER ONE...THERE NOW DONT YOU FEEL SMART? PROBABLY THE LAST TIME YOU FELT SMART SINCE KINDERGARTEN. PLEASE GET A JOB OR FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO BESIDES WATCHING DAY TIME TV ALL DAY AND PLEASE STAY OFF THE ROAD SO REAL RIDERS DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOU OUT THERE ON A BIKE....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
WOW if he want's 60K he'd be better writing ads for Yamaha quite a story there

That's a $600 bike, =1% of the $60,000 he has as 'Buy It Now.' He remarks the $60K figure is to 'keep the listing up' or some such crap. And if the idiot got $600 from someone he should give him a steak dinner.

I have a soft spot in my heart for retro bobbers, Spent some quality time with a bobbed hardtail Triumph 650 and my crappy old iron head that I had so much fun on. A backyard chop job like the one in the pic is probably worth whatever the parts are worth. I'm not knocking it but it is what it is. There is a great deal of range in bobbers but I dont think any of them are more valuable than their unaltered counterparts.

I have read similar prose in a previously posted ad about 4 months ago. Very entertaining.

I especially like the part about the starter being a bolt of lightning from Zeus. I would bet that the starter is driving the buy it now price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an old Troy bilt mower I'm willing to trade for it. I'll even top off the fuel.

My back hurts from looking at that bike. I can appreciate a custom build, but that's not what I'm talking about. $60k?
uhm00000.gif

On that TV show,"American Pickers" I've seen those guys pay some ridiculous amounts for old rusted-out, barely movable (because it may fall apart), WWI and II motorcycles. Of course, these are ultimately purchased for restoration projects and collectors.

Granted, that's a TV show that must keep up its ratings, and can afford to put out that kind of cash. BUT.. ALL of those vintage bikes were original parts. The value dropped dramatically when they found any non-standard parts added.

Yes, this guys bike is a working machine, but, being a 'Frankin-Bike", created from multiple machines, I doubt this guy will get anywhere near his asking price.

Then again,, That old saying still holds true..
"There's one born every minute".
If he pitches to the right person, who knows.??

There is a very nice Yamaha V star in town that has been very nicely Bobbed and raked. It was for sale all summer for $3,000 and now it sits under 4 inches of snow. No one was interested in it. To bad, its a really nice bike. I could probably offer him $1500 and own it...but what the hell am I gonna do with it, LOL

I dunno why people continue to carve the crap out of bikes and then expect that someone is going to be willing to pay $$$ for these abortions. If they put the same $ into making the stock bike useable again, i.e., new tires, brakes, battery, carbs sorted, and hopefully appearance (stock sells best, repaints lessen value) then they would have something that a consumer could see was refurbished w/o being hacked into oblivion.

Recipe for a bad 'bobber':

• cut off the rear frame loop
  • throw away the fenders
  • source a Tractor Supply, Northern Tool or other single sprung seat
  • don't hold back on rattlecans, did you know that stores sell flat black, 'buy two, get one free?'
  • make sure whatever DOT lighting it had is replaced by totally-inadequate for visibility's sake aftermarket lighting
  • figure out how to mount on the side of the bike, a license plate holder, extra points for a 'vertical when it should be horizontal positioning,' or concave mounting surface
  • stock handlebars replaced with what looks like a piece of short rebar, or configured to resemble a 'double-dutch' skip-rope
  • if it's your first attempt, paint overspray is required on tires, or you cannot get it licensed

There is a very nice Yamaha V star in town that has been very nicely Bobbed and raked. It was for sale all summer for $3,000 and now it sits under 4 inches of snow. No one was interested in it. To bad, its a really nice bike. I could probably offer him $1500 and own it...but what the hell am I gonna do with it, LOL

I dunno why people continue to carve the crap out of bikes and then expect that someone is going to be willing to pay $$$ for these abortions. If they put the same $ into making the stock bike useable again, i.e., new tires, brakes, battery, carbs sorted, and hopefully appearance (stock sells best, repaints lessen value) then they would have something that a consumer could see was refurbished w/o being hacked into oblivion.

Recipe for a bad 'bobber':

• cut off the rear frame loop
  • throw away the fenders
  • source a Tractor Supply, Northern Tool or other single sprung seat
  • don't hold back on rattlecans, did you know that stores sell flat black, 'buy two, get one free?'
  • make sure whatever DOT lighting it had is replaced by totally-inadequate for visibility's sake aftermarket lighting
  • figure out how to mount on the side of the bike, a license plate holder, extra points for a 'vertical when it should be horizontal positioning,' or concave mounting surface
  • stock handlebars replaced with what looks like a piece of short rebar, or configured to resemble a 'double-dutch' skip-rope
  • if it's your first attempt, paint overspray is required on tires, or you cannot get it licensed

LOL...Absolutely perfect !!

Back