Well the 2004 is home again!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allisontech

Reaction score
Hey guys this is Bill I finally found the 2004 Max I sold a couple years ago and bought it back from the same guy who purchased it from me, I only rode it before loading it in the truck ready for the 320 mile drive back to Lithia, Once out of the truck I rode around the yard a little before pulling it into the shop, It seems like the low speed turning has been tightened up somehow considerably, at low speeds the bike wants to go straight, almost scary. Do you think the guy I sold it to over tightened the head bearings? Should I try the bump test adjustment to see if it corrects it? Something in defiantly changed.:ummm:

Thanks for the info, i was hoping captain Kyle could verify my symptoms, Before I could navigate slowly with no trouble at all hell I could have past my motorcycle test years ago and not sweat a bit, now at slow speed the bars are like they are welded straight ahead..

haven't seen you on for quite a while, so i don't know if you already know, but you'll have to contact the captain through other means. he no longer graces us with his presence here.

Glad to hear your have her back in your garage, must feel good! Like you surmised and others confirmed that your headset bearings are a little tight. They should fall freely to the stop and stop, no bouncing please. Make sure he kept all the cables in the proper orientation so there is no binding or worse; possible kinking.

Thanks for the info about Kyle, I have always found everyone here on the site great to deal with, I hope everything is still ok between everyone, there is just way to much knowledge here on this site to let something small prevent people from sharing,m " look at the info I received from Sean Morley my bike would never have happened without his advice and parts. I would sure like to stick around if you don't mind, Stay safe,everyone

2004 vmax i wouldn't just jump in and do that the reason I say this is because after my bike is parked all winter and I first get on it it feels the same way for about 50 miles before you do anything go take it for a ride if you have a way to see if you can get up over a hundred twenty five without any handling issues I would also do that first in other words if the bike don't have a problem don't cause one. good luck and keep us posted

I would like to add before you take Your bikes up to them speeds Use common sense And look the whole bike over To make sure everything is up to par.

LOL I was getting ready to respond, Bike does not want to turn "First thing to try is to get the bike up to 125 mph" LOL

LOL I was getting ready to respond, Bike does not want to turn "First thing to try is to get the bike up to 125 mph" LOL

Actually if it won't start, install flux capacitor then take it to 88 mph until it takes you back in time to where it worked properly.

most of the guys I've met on the vmaxs have good common sensebut I have met a few dumb ones. anytime you buy a new to you bikeyou should visually go over the complete bike front to back the point I'm trying to make is that the bike feel stiff as hell when you first get on it after being off of it for a while so don't go to make a bunch of adjustments if you know it was okay before.

Latest posts

Back