Wenol or mothers on aluminum?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
Have any of you guys compared the two? I just went through a Jar of mothers in about 2 months.

Previews owner of my bike swore by the Wenol for its protecting sealing properties. But its from Germany and expensive.

Have any of you guys compared the two? I just went through a Jar of mothers in about 2 months.

Previews owner of my bike swore by the Wenol for its protecting sealing properties. But its from Germany and expensive.

My wife worked at a jewllery store a while back. They used Wenol exclusivly. She bought me 2 tubes of it "size of tooth paste" Its pink and creamy. It has jewellers rouge in it. Yes it works great. Head to head, I'd say it works a little better than mothers, but for the final end result on alunimum, the wenol would win. Basicly...how much time do you want to spend on your bike. I wouldnt buy it again because of the price. Wenol does work better on Gold.

is wenol the same as flitz? I used to use flitz all the time but haven't seen it in years

Have you guys tried Optimum and/or Chemical Guys? Great bang for your buck. I use it exclusely on metal - chrome/aluminum/etc. Chemical Guys also seems to work well on titanium.

i bought a gallon of mothers years ago for 45 bucks.
till it runs dry, I'm using mothers.

semichrome is good stuff also

i bought a gallon of mothers years ago for 45 bucks.
till it runs dry, I'm using mothers.

Damn.. Gallon for $45??

Where?

Wenol Metal Polish 1000 ml.

Price: $34.95

Damn.. Gallon for $45??

Where?

Wenol Metal Polish 1000 ml.

Price: $34.95

i got it from jockos. but since they decided to sell out.
check car quest. see if they can order it for you. it comes in a 1 gallon paint can.

I don't care for Mothers, Don't know about Wenol, but I really like SemiChrome... Sounds like Wenol may be about the same stuff...

is wenol the same as flitz? I used to use flitz all the time but haven't seen it in years

No , not the same . Flitz is sold at bike shows by using a demo on site. I can get you a web site if you want . I use it exclusively for aluminum / billet . Works very well .

No , not the same . Flitz is sold at bike shows by using a demo on site. I can get you a web site if you want . I use it exclusively for aluminum / billet . Works very well .

I used to use on on my guns, I just goggled it, supposedly available at a hardware store 2 minutes form me.

Bet you haven't... :eusa_dance:

You know where I stand Rebar...
" LOL " , YOUR RIGHT , BUT A LOT OF THEM ! ... I JUST GOT DONE POLISHING MY SONS WAGON & TRAILER ( 2.5 HOURS ) , FOR THE FIREMAN'S CONVENTION IN WILD WOOD N.J. , USING " WENOL " AND I LOVE IT & SO DOES HIS WAGON ! .. :punk:.. AND ACTUALLY , THERE IS A LOT MORE DIAMOND PLATE ON IT AND STAINLESS RUB RAILS THIS YEAR ! .. THESE ARE OLD PICTURES !

Attachments

• 100_1058.jpg
    100_1058.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0913.jpg
    100_0913.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0908.jpg
    100_0908.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 15
I never heard of Wenol before this thread, but if the Polish King (couldda sworn he was from Jersey :confused2:) says it's the shit then figured I'd give it a try. IMO it's great stuff, especially on Mark's cans!

It even removed a scorch mark I put there with a propane torch when mounting them.

Never tried Mothers, but Wenol sure works well!! :thumbs up:

Are you guys talking about regular Mothers aluminum polish or Mothers Billit because I was turned onto Mothers Billit and it blew away anything else I've ever used. the regular Mothers wasn't impressive at all. The Billit comes in a small jar for about $18 but you don't need alot and you don't have to rub your ass off. But if it's the Billit your talking about I'd be really interested in trying something better regardless of cost. But when I'm done polishing my aluminum you can barely tell it apart from the chrome. Ask anyone who's seen my bike. And believe me I polish my bike every day. Could someone please clarify if it's regular Mothers or Mothers Billit your comparing to Wenol ? Thanks, Ed

Latest posts

Back