Went for a ride tonight...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
So I went to Belleville, Illinois tonight for a bike night. It was a clear night, a bit chilly but for me a perfect night for a ride going there. Coming back it got a bit colder. The bike night was pretty small and over all pretty disappointing in terms of turnout. But the highlight of the night was driving west on I-64 and coming over the river to the Missouri side and seeing the St. Louis Arch all lit up with the city behind it. Amazing! That monument definitely needs to be seen at night on an east to west route to truly appreciate it.

A big smile came across my face, and after I passed the Arch I had to roll on the throttle and cement the memory with rush of 100+mph adrenaline. As the dotted street lights stretched into streaks a song got turned up in my minds radio and for brief period of time all was right in my world. Hell yeah!

The song in my head:

Bob Mould - Underneath Days

http://youtu.be/1OaZhXR7vH0

Yeah Geo's is winding down this year already. A month ago, the lo would have been packed solid and people have to move to let you in or out. Keep it in mind for next year though. Usually the people around here hit Pasta House in Fairview Heights early (Hot Summer Bike Nights sponsored by Frieze Harley) then Head to GEOs just before sunset.

I would have been there but all my riding buddies went to Bike Week and I couldn't get motivated to go last night.

I am seriously loving the weather right now. There's no better time to ride than Fall IMO.

Any day that I have the time to just take off and not have to be somewhere w/cooperative weather, no mechanical issues, and maybe someone else along to enjoy the ride is my 'favorite time.' When I was in SW MI, I liked to ride trails and do hillclimbing and descending in sand & gravel pits. Here in FL choosing a destination like an auto museum, the beach somewhere, or a ride to the FL Keys is a great time. The South Miami-Dade Gliderport is a cool place to watch the gliders land & depart, riding the thermals. Another spontaneous trip is "follow the blimp" which I can do when one of the two Goodyear blimps here flies over my house. Hop on the bike and follow it in the direction it takes. You can hear the drone of the engines inside the house, and I never tire of going outside to see where it is, once I hear it.

Got the afternoon off, so headed to GEOs on the Vmax for lunch.
Next time you are there, try the peanut butter wings!

+1
Definitely a great time to ride, only problem is I know whats coming right around the corner :snow:

Yeah, all the 'snowbirds,' no-clue where they are & turning right from the left lane, stopping-dead in the middle of the street while they try to decide which way to go, and a lot of traffic congestion. Yes, year-round riding, but not always particularly-safe riding in metropolitan SE Florida. I didn't mention the people from all-over the world w/their peculiar driving habits, and the uninsured drivers, and unlicensed drivers. BOLO!

So I went to Belleville, Illinois tonight for a bike night. It was a clear night, a bit chilly but for me a perfect night for a ride going there. Coming back it got a bit colder. The bike night was pretty small and over all pretty disappointing in terms of turnout. But the highlight of the night was driving west on I-64 and coming over the river to the Missouri side and seeing the St. Louis Arch all lit up with the city behind it. Amazing! That monument definitely needs to be seen at night on an east to west route to truly appreciate it.

A big smile came across my face, and after I passed the Arch I had to roll on the throttle and cement the memory with rush of 100+mph adrenaline. As the dotted street lights stretched into streaks a song got turned up in my minds radio and for brief period of time all was right in my world. Hell yeah!

The song in my head:

Bob Mould - Underneath Days

http://youtu.be/1OaZhXR7vH0

....video or pics would be cool.....................:punk:

Yea, definitely going to get a video of that view at some point. I think I'm going to eventually invest in a GoPro eventually. But would rather that money go to a new seat first. :)

Got the afternoon off, so headed to GEOs on the Vmax for lunch.
Next time you are there, try the peanut butter wings!

Yea that place had a lot of flavors. I'll go back there for sure for the wings. I'm a bit of a heat junkie, so I ordered their hottest wings which definitely had some ghost pepper in there. I guess the manager/owner was actually sitting at the bar when I ordered it and he goes "You don't want those. Trust me." So that only emboldened the rebel in me. He went in the back to get me a sample of the sauce. I tried it and I guess they were expecting my head to explode or something haha, but I used ghost pepper hot sauce on most things in the house, so it was fine for me. I was just happy they had legit hot wings.

The Koreans have some heat in their dishes. I like to dice-up some scotch bonnet pepper into some of my cooking, but I usually add it after cooking because my wife doesn't like it.

Not familiar w/ghost pepper-how many scoville units?

Never mind, I just looked it up, "the hottest!"

I'm from Buffalo and this is the first I've heard of peanut butter wings. I'll have to see If I can find some locally.:eusa_dance:

Yea, definitely going to get a video of that view at some point. I think I'm going to eventually invest in a GoPro eventually. But would rather that money go to a new seat first. :)
Here's a Cheap alternative to a GoPro:
Emerson Action Camera
http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Telecom-Emerson-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00AGMWWMG

Video quality isn't as good but it's definitely watchable and for that price you can't go wrong.

I'm from Buffalo and this is the first I've heard of peanut butter wings. I'll have to see If I can find some locally.:eusa_dance:
Those just sound Wrong to me.

I know Dennis, but I'm all about the peanut butter. I have my own 6 pound can, that I just eat with a spoon. Maybe that's wrong to :ummm::eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back