West Coast 101 Trip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86MaximusPrime

Reaction score
Hey guys, im planning a trip down the west coast on 101, if anybody is in the area of 101 let me know and i can maybe stop by your town!...btw the trip is this week!

Hey guys, im planning a trip down the west coast on 101, if anybody is in the area of 101 let me know and i can maybe stop by your town!...btw the trip is this week!
Can you be more specific.The 101 stretches a long way. What towns will you be going through? I'm just a few minuets from the coast hwy 101. In Carlsbad.:biglaugh:

oooo yeah i should be more specific, starting in northern washington working my way down to fresno, ca, will be stopping in many cities seeing as 27 mpg w/ 4gal tank lol!

Yeah, maybe you can give us an estimated itinerary. I live out in the valley, but have friends in Fort Bragg its about 5 1/2 hrs. Northwest from here. Damn that tiny tank. San Francisco is only about 1 1/2 hrs west. Are you camping or moteling?

Ok i will be taking the 5 til about mid oregon..at albany, OR i will be hitting up the 20, then the 34 to hit 101 to head south, i will be sticking with 101 the entire way..if i feel like i wanna stop or one of you is nearby, ill stop, i plan on hotel...i have the stock seat...lol it will be painful but until i can get a aftermarket seat...o well...as for Fortuna, CA...i will be stopping by there for sure..just will need more info...i might hit that area thurs late afternoon...friday morning?

Well I am damn close so if anything you would be stopping for lunch/gas near me. Might even be too close for lunch lol.

What day are you starting?

When you get close, give me a call. 7075991470. Man..... if you're leaving tomorrow and planning on being here late Thursday, which is tomorrow night, you'll earn an iron butt award! That's got to be at least a 14 hour ride on a good day!

Joe

Feel free to hit me up if you take I5 and want to grab an early lunch. I am by exit 107.

727-698-1710

Early lunch it is and isnt the iron butt award an achievment?
Yes, there are quite a few that involve circumnavigating one or more of the Great Lakes, mileage(s) covered and all of them are time limited. There are some very specific rules that need to be followed in your quest for a Iron Butt Award(yes, there are awards given!). None of them are "easy" and require good advance planning. There are also events put on by the association and they have a tech section for help with products that will help you acheive your goals.
Check it all out here: http://www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm

Back