Wet float level bouncing!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine did the same thing a couple different time. The bike was warm when it did it to me, so I chocked it up to thermal expansion. Tried again about an hour later, and it worked fine.

Key is off and pump is up to pressure. Had the carbs apart many times due to rust, which I seemed to have stopped. Just disassembled and cleaned about a month ago. The levels on the two carbs are quite low but I don't see how they would bounce.

Mine did the same thing a couple different time. The bike was warm when it did it to me, so I chocked it up to thermal expansion. Tried again about an hour later, and it worked fine.

So I checked the level a few hours later and the level is stable like you said. It's weird it only does it on cyl 1 & 4 though.

I'm assuming what I'm seeing here is the carb drain hoses extended and routed up to see the float level in the clear line, with the drain screws open. Seems like a neat way to check level. Is there a specific measuring point on the carb where you can actually measure this level in the clear line and know if you're OK?

I'm assuming what I'm seeing here is the carb drain hoses extended and routed up to see the float level in the clear line, with the drain screws open. Seems like a neat way to check level. Is there a specific measuring point on the carb where you can actually measure this level in the clear line and know if you're OK?

Yes they call it a wet float level check. It should be 17mm below the markings on the side of the carb body.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That’s really strange that carbs 1 and 4 does this action.
Actually, it’s really strange that any of them does this.
I guess the question is, IF the bowl's intake line is pressurized and the overflow valve is shut because of the float needle, how can pressure change inside the bowl when the key is off, unless there is some seepage through the jet block (maybe its gasket), allowing a small amount of heat from the engine to alter the air volume inside the bowl. If it was a lot of pressure, that jump would be way higher. It looks to be deflecting about 4 - 5 mm.

Back