Wet float level check, how long of hose?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44boyd

Reaction score
About to do it, wanted to know how long is enough? The sticky isn't specific so do I need 6 to 12 inches (that's what she said)? Any help is appreciated.

Long enough to reach from the float chamber drain to the tick mark on the side of the carb body....taking into account anything you need to go around or under. Doesn't matter if it's a little too long.

Dumb question, first line you make is 15mm from the end. Second is 17mm, is that from first line or from the end?

The end of the hose is placed at the tick mark on the carb body....you want your fuel level to be 15mm (minimum) to 17mm (maximum) below that tick mark....or, 15mm - 17mm down from the end of the hose which is just another way of saying the same thing.

Eh, I guess. Never hurts to ask for clarification. My hose is to big to fit in the bowl drain, gas spilling everywhere, will try again later.

Eh, I guess. Never hurts to ask for clarification. My hose is to big to fit in the bowl drain, gas spilling everywhere, will try again later.

You need a transparent hose that just fits over the drain hoses that come out of the sides of the carbs.

Remember, the higher your gas bottle is the more head pressure on the drain hose/clear hose connection...a little hose barb works well to eliminate leaks.

Also, make sure the carb your checking is level, off level will give you bad readings.

Remember, the higher your gas bottle is the more head pressure on the drain hose/clear hose connection...a little hose barb works well to eliminate leaks.

Also, make sure the carb your checking is level, off level will give you bad readings.
This is one of those things that a pictured sticky would be awesome.

Latest posts

Back