Wet nitrous on a Gen 1?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a complete wet nitrous system I was thinking about throwing on my 01 Max.. Thoughts?

Without a gradual roll-on of nitrous, or a small amount, wouldn't hitting the button break loose the rear tire and throw you in the ditch?

Maybe wheelie bars and slicks are in order.

Here you go. A couple different bikes. The piston on the right goes with the NOS set-up in the first attachment. So does the head.

VMax NOS 1500 cc.jpgVMax NOS.jpgVMax 1508 cc pistons.2.jpgVMax 1508 cc big valves.jpg

Last edited:
Without a gradual roll-on of nitrous, or a small amount, wouldn't hitting the button break loose the rear tire and throw you in the ditch?

Maybe wheelie bars and slicks are in order.

I M H O it would have to be a progressive system depending on the shot, if not might be costly for the tranny, motor, clutch ect...

I had NOS on my 96 and the only thing I had a problem with is the bottle runs out so fast . You will get hooked on the power rush I had an 80 hp shot done by my then mechanic , had an arming button then a small button to push within thumbs reach on the throttle side , felt like I died when the bottle was empty . It's addicting , you might want to consider on just getting Big bore motor work done if you are going to keep the bike for awhile . Just my $.02

Thanks for the input. I had the nitrous system in the garage and thought I might get some opinions. I always wanted one and finally found a clean one that I plan on tinkering on.

Good plan but a gradual roll on is over rated! I had N2O plus fuel injectors in each Gen 1 manifold near the cylinder ports and it worked well. I did limit it to 50bhp so as not to stress the engine too much. The N2O on my Gen 2 injects into the air box to mix the gas a bit further upstream. The effect is less of a kick, which is less of a kick.

Good plan but a gradual roll on is over rated! I had N2O plus fuel injectors in each Gen 1 manifold near the cylinder ports and it worked well. I did limit it to 50bhp so as not to stress the engine too much. The N2O on my Gen 2 injects into the air box to mix the gas a bit further upstream. The effect is less of a kick, which is less of a kick.
How.did you fire injectors on gen 1

How.did you fire injectors on gen 1
An arming switch on the left bar and then a micro switch on the carb assembly which completed the circuit at wide open throttle. I didn't want to be fiddling with a button when I was trying to hang on so I just used the throttle to control it.

Latest posts

Back