What’s on your Vmax Xmas list

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep it stock, you will gain nothing but problems. :)
Idk like to respectfully disagree, my last bike had a dale walker holeshot exhaust and I’m sure it was jetted, I never had to rip the carbs open so I’m assuming. But I had no issues with the carbs and the exhaust made me smile every time I fired it up! I should add it was a 1989. I had that bike for 3 years and other than syncing the carbs I had no issues and it ran unbelievable. I also had a 1997 Vmax that when I bought had stock pipes on it, I ripped them off and installed a kerker header and took it to the dealership for the installation of a stage 7 jet kit. That bike ran very well also but I don’t think it needed the stage 7 in hindsight. I had no issues with either bike and they both ran very well, the 89 was much faster than the 97 and I contribute that to the stage 7 kit. Me personally I’d install an exhaust. I think it really wakes up the bike and with the right exhaust they sound amazing! I’m not trying to argue just giving my opinion and experience. Either way the Vmax is a beast and the ultimate original hot rod bike to me.

It will be awhile before i slap anything on but, when i do I expect to have my carbs sorted professionally to avoid issues.
[/QUOTE. There are very competent people on here who rebuild them, I’m pretty handy but I would leave that to the professional’s. Then the odds of being properly redone and jetted to your exhaust system are much more likely to be done correctly. I spent a lot of time listening to videos and couldn’t really decide on an exhaust until I heard one with a kerker in person and I was sold! When I bought my 89 the dale walker holeshot was on it and man did that thing sound amazing as well. Take your time deciding on what exhaust you want, they are pretty pricey to me and I’m sure you don’t want to do it twice. Good luck! I don’t think you’ll regret it when you do it:)

Back